Author Topic: Armor and Shields Provide Damage Resistance  (Read 4547 times)

superslicer

Armor and Shields Provide Damage Resistance
« on: August 24, 2011, 07:52:26 PM »
I have a couple questions reguarding the Armor and Shields Provide Damage Resistance component of the ease of use mod. In the description it give an example of the Guardian Dragon having 25 damage resist. I don't know what point in the game this is but I don't see how my paladin (or any of my melee chars) could do any damage, let's say he's using a flaming great-sword, doing 2d6 physical damage and 1d6 fire. We'll even say he has a str of 20, and he took a couple levels in fighter to get weapon specialization maxing his damage on a normal hit to 25.  Meaning he can't do a single point of damage without a critical hit, or using an ability.

Is that an accurate estimate of the situation with that component installed? Or am I underestimating the Paladin's damage output (maybe he'd have a better sword? IDK)?

If it is, what am I supposed to do? Hope my abilities go off with max damage? Sit in front soaking up damage, hoping my sorc has enough spells to kill the thing on his own?

And Lastly, I'd like to know if I should just uninstall this component. I'm a veteran D&D player with 3.0 and 3.5 rule sets, but this is my first time playing IWD2. I don't want the game to be a cake-walk, but I'm also not looking to spend hours of time losing.

Agrias

Re: Armor and Shields Provide Damage Resistance
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 08:07:30 AM »
If i remember right DnD rules had 1/2 gear AC = Phisical Damage Reduction not 100% AC = DR. Wish i knew how to change it to work like that.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: