Author Topic: raising a dead party member  (Read 2187 times)

kalddhart

raising a dead party member
« on: August 16, 2011, 07:50:38 PM »
my problem stems from a game crash, where my party was in the dungeon of Durlag's Tower. After getting hit with a stinking cloud trap near the exit, i decided to quickly move the party down the exit. the game auto-saved and then crashed. upon restart the auto-save loaded with no stinking cloud, but with Kivan dead (he was originally on full hp). in my annoyance i accidentally saved over my quicksave leaving me with no way to get Kivan back (should've got a raise dead scroll).

I need to get him back (my party has full inventories) and do not want to go through 2/3's of durlag's tower again. I have tried to get the CLUA Console up, but it doesn't seem to want to work with Tutu, the same with Gatekeeper. Any suggestions?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: raising a dead party member
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 01:09:23 AM »
If he's dead and his party icon is greyed out, CTRL+R might work(with Debug Mode and Cheats both on in baldur.ini). If he's not in the party at all anymore, then it's not possible to bring him back.

kalddhart

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 08:17:33 PM »
He was still in the party. Managed to scrape through Durlag's dungeon without him. Went to the temple to raise him, and he came back looking like a frozen ghost with a yellow circle around his character, normally left for those with fear. tried stone to flesh, dispel, remove curse, restoration - didn't work. furthermore, couldn't save or leave a map because i 'didn't have control of all party members'. ended up removing him from the party. shame.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 12:27:54 AM »
With playing on easy/normal difficulty(I never tried core or harder, myself), sometimes CTRL-Y/reload/CTRL-R helps - it's supposed to take away all "ill" effects, such as a yellow circle. Spells shouldn't help here.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: