Author Topic: Ingot always disappears if you met Dynaheir  (Read 26243 times)

dr_asik_pending_approval

Ingot always disappears if you met Dynaheir
« on: August 08, 2011, 11:25:07 PM »
If you visit the Dryad Falls area (AR5200) after having met Dynaheir, the gnoll Ingot doesn't spawn. This is a "fix" which I traced to BGT-Weidu (http://members.iinet.net.au/~peterykwong/BGTFixes.htm), although I don't understand how that ended up in EasyTutu.

In any case, I think this behavior is bogus. From what I've read (http://www.shsforums.net/topic/19934-problem-with-ingot-the-gnoll-in-ar5200/ - link doesn't really work, you have to google it), this was introduced because talking to Ingot creates a journal entry in "quests", that disappears when you meet Dynaheir. But if you've already met her, that entry stays forever. In addition, it doesn't make much sense for Ingot to be looking for Dynaheir if you have her in the party already.

Unfortunately this ignores the situation where you have met Dynaheir but not rescued her, i.e. either killed her or dismissed her. In this case, Ingot would have no way to know what happened and should still assume she is there. By making him disappear you miss on original content that would make sense and be entertaining. Having an unresolvable "quest" in the journal is not a big deal, compared to missing an encounter Bioware scripted for you to experience.

I don't know how difficult this would be to implement, but I propose the following behaviors instead:
 - If dynaheir is in the party, make Ingot hostile - which isn't great, but better than him not noticing dynaheir or disappearing altogether
 - Instead of creating a quest entry in the journal, create a "journal" entry (which are supposed to stay forever anyway).

dr_asik_pending_approval

Re: Ingot always disappears if you met Dynaheir
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 11:27:46 PM »
[By the way, the link seems to work. And the reason I post under dr_asik_pending_approval is that I registered as dr_asik but by registration is still pending approval :P]

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: