Author Topic: How to kill Torgal in BG2  (Read 7233 times)

Rootx

How to kill Torgal in BG2
« on: October 15, 2010, 11:07:32 AM »
He just kills me in hit with some rare skill. How do i prevent this ? Tips please!

Offline Ishad Nha

• Planewalker
Re: How to kill Torgal in BG2
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 09:58:49 PM »
Cannon fodder will act as bodyguards, Spider Spawn for starters. I used a high level scroll Summon Monster to keep this guy away from targetting my protagonist.

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 11:21:16 PM »
That sounds like you're playing with at least one mod that increases the difficulty of certain fights, such as Tactics or Improved Battles. These mods are NOT intended for new players.

As far as fighting Trolls in general is concerned, the Slow spell is especially useful against them, as it reduces not only their movement and combat abilities, but also the rate at which their wounds heal. Of course, successfully Slowing TorGal will not guarantee a win for you, but it will improve your chances.

Offline Ishad Nha

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 03:07:47 AM »
Slow should halve the damage you take per given interval of time, which gives you twice as long before you take unacceptable losses. Haste might be a good idea if you think you can take out TorGal in ten rounds.
My protagonist is a Paladin with the best armor the party has. He has 17 Constitution and 66 hp at full health. I don't know what yours is, but if he has poor AC or hp or both, move him away from danger.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: