Author Topic: Installation problems  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Aina Grey

• Planewalker
Installation problems
« on: June 05, 2011, 05:40:18 AM »
I've installed mods for hours and hours and then realized the .exe isn't actually affected by them  >:(
so in other words, installing the mods did nothing at all!

probably since I didn't install Trilogy beforehand (which I didn't know to be required)

any way to salvage the installation?

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
Re: Installation problems
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 10:28:59 PM »
Very few mods actually change the .exe. Most game (and mod) resources go in the override folder.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 12:09:09 AM »
Also, since you're possibly a new user, I'd say that installing mods for hours and hours can prove a bad idea(if you're not prepared to deal with multiple installation/compatibility issues or are not an experienced mod user). I'd install ten or so mods I liked, and go from there.

Offline Aina Grey

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 07:36:10 AM »
I'm not a new user, but I cannot see at all what went wrong! I mean I've played the modded game successfully several times to the end...

what critical gap prevents the game from recognizing the mods??? (all said successfully installed)

and yes, I've extracted them in the BG2 folder (which I renamed, but that never has been a problem before)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 07:38:13 AM by Aina Grey »

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 03:27:29 AM »
I trust you actually *installed* the mods with their setup-modname.exe files? Check your WeiDU.log file in your BG2 folder to see which mods you've got installed. (If you don't have one it means you don't have any mods installed.) If you're talking about Tutu (it isn't clear) you'll have to install them to your Tutu folder, not your BG2 folder. BGT uses the BG2 folder.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: