Author Topic: Game keeps crashing during character creation!  (Read 4447 times)

Offline Thorass

• Planewalker
Game keeps crashing during character creation!
« on: April 13, 2011, 05:03:59 AM »
Going to need a bit of help from BG2 experts. My game keeps crashing during character creation. Every time I click the "skills" portion of character creation I get this:

(http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/1497/1524w.th.jpg)

I have owned Baldur's Gate II for ten years or so (and I've kept it quite well), but I started seeing this error only yesterday. I first installed Baldur's Gate II again after a long time just recently, but the game kept crashing when trying to enter the Temple District (something that, IIRC, can happen and isn't all that uncommon), so I figured that I need to reinstall the game. It was then that I started seeing this error - now I have made two fresh installations of the game, and I still get this error.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:17:57 AM by Thorass »

Offline Thorass

• Planewalker
Re: Game keeps crashing during character creation!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 07:03:28 AM »
Well, it is no matter. I give up - tried to reinstall game the third time with no success. Now I'm not getting the error anymore, but the game crashes as I try to enter the Government District like it did during my first installation with the Temple District. I'm going to get Windows 7 by the end of this month and empty my PC of everything possible. Maybe by then the game will work - or maybe not.  :-\

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 07:05:54 AM »
I've no idea why the game would crash at character creation, but if the game crashes at one of the areas, the problem could be not just in corrupt data, but also in mods you might have installed(i.e. if the clean install works fine, then the game is fine, just make a clean backup and install mods one by one).

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 07:31:06 AM »
I'm going to get Windows 7
Windows XP SP2 if you don't like troubleshooting stupid OS bugs.

Post the contents of your WeiDU.log file if you've got any mods installed.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: