Author Topic: Beregost, Code Rot and the Future of EasyTutu  (Read 42228 times)

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Beregost, Code Rot and the Future of EasyTutu
« on: June 04, 2011, 03:35:58 PM »
Hello.

It has come to my attention (somewhat by accident, from perusing the GOG.com forums for another reason entirely) that some users are having trouble with EasyTutu installation, due either to issues in newer versions of Windows (e.g., UAC), operating on x64 platforms, or some combination thereof.  EasyTutu's installation engine, InstallShield, is getting long in the tooth, and I also think it is bad practice these days to push users toward installing in Program Files (x86), which EasyTutu does by default.  And, the core EasyTutu download still does not include A64's Beregost fix (although I have at least finally cobbled together a hotfix which includes it).

So, with the goal of moving EasyTutu closer again to being... well, easy... to install for just about anyone, I'm thinking of rewriting the installation program.  I really have no need of specialized installation services such as automated uninstallation - if one wishes to uninstall EasyTutu, one need only delete the folder to which they installed it.  So, although I'll leave the latest distributions available for anyone who might find them more convenient (Linux users?), I believe I may rewrite the installer as a .NET assembly with the following goals:

• Discouraging installation in Program Files
  • Reliable operation on both x86 and x64 platforms
  • Adding the ability to use the program solely for the purpose of cloning the BG2 installation
  • Allowing customization of the utility's behavior by allowing users to control which files get copied to the new installation (e.g., someone might like to have their custom portraits come along each time)
  • Allowing users to produce their own fix or enhancement archives, which the installer will then deploy
  • Including A64's Beregost fix

I normally don't like to talk about projects until they are close to completion, and I haven't even begun this one.  I have no development timeline in mind - only the idea that I'm more interested in doing a good job than in finishing soon.  But I thought I'd post for the purpose of stating that I am aware of some of these installation issues, and that I am making plans to address them.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
Re: Beregost, Code Rot and the Future of EasyTutu
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 05:16:54 PM »
Darned good idea - I am glad you are interested in it!

The customization of additional files being brought along may introduce some interesting challenges - the best thing about EasyTutu in my book is not all the fixes (which are awesome - the hours and hours of painstaking Journal work you did alone makes a huge positive impact on my enjoyment of the game), not all the cleanliness of separate parallel installs (which I have used and abused since you first started this project), and not even the possibilities of allowing people to cannibalize their install to save space (which is a nice feature, though one i don't use). It is the rock-solid stability and ease of troubleshooting that comes from you having a universal install. Have you decided the scope of flexibility?

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 11:11:30 PM »
The customization of additional files being brought along may introduce some interesting challenges...(snip)

Hi cmorgan. :)

I'm really just thinking in terms of shipping ini style files that can be edited by users in order to customize the behavior of the installer (what gets copied from the parent installations, and what Tutu packages get deployed to the target folder).  I fully agree with your sentiment that there is value in the homogeneity of EasyTutu installations - but what I am proposing to offer is really nothing more than users can already do themselves manually by copying files to and fro.  By allowing users to specify additional files to copy from the parent installations, I am hoping to add value to the installer as a cloning tool.  By allowing additional Tutu packages to be installed, I am hoping to provide extensibility for those who might wish to offer their own additions to EasyTutu in the future.

But it would go without saying that such actions would be considered "power user" territory and would void the warranty.  Frankly, I wouldn't even expect those features to be used much.  My primary goal is to eliminate instances of people struggling with the installer.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 04:24:41 PM »
There is a beta of the new EasyTutu Installation Manager available for download now.

PREREQUISITES

You MUST have version 3.5 of the .NET framework installed on your computer.  If you are using Windows 7 and have kept up to date on your Windows updates, you should already be set.  Users of Windows XP/Vista won't have this version of the framework unless it was installed manually in the past.  The easiest way to obtain it is via the optional downloads section of Windows update.  Select .NET framework 3.5, install it, and after it is done installing, run Windows update again looking for important / critical updates pertaining to the framework.  Install those too.

Users of Windows 95 / 98 / ME are probably better off sticking with the old installer.

WHAT YOU'RE LOSING

• I'm dropping support for Baldur's Gate 1 installations lacking Tales of the Sword Coast.  Support for this in the past was sketchy anyway, and now that the full game and expansion can be had DRM-free from gog.com for $10, I am requiring the expansion.  For those who like their gaming experience TotSC-free, I have added an installer option to disable the TotSC game content within your EasyTutu installation.
  • I'm also dropping support for "destructive" installations which consume the original BG1 installation.  The purpose of this update is to be forward-looking and future proof - if you're still struggling with disk space issues, stick with the older installer until you get new hardware.  On that note, I have no minimum disk space check built into this utility, but I may yet add one.
  • I haven't added an option to create a desktop shortcut.  I may do this before releasing a final version.

WHAT YOU'RE GAINING

• The Beregost fix is now included in the core package.
  • The installer runs natively on both x86 and x64 platforms.
  • No more InstallShield silliness / frustration.
  • You can use this installation manager as a tool to create clones of your Baldur's Gate 2 installation (without doing a full EasyTutu installation).
  • The behavior of the installation manager is very customizable via the two ini files it creates the first time that you run it.

WHAT YOU NEED

• Everyone needs the basic installation manager, obtainable here.  Unzip it in the folder of your choice.  If you only want to use this as a tool to clone BG2, that's all you need.
  • If you want to create EasyTutu installations from a SoA-only BG2 installation, you need this SoA-based EasyTutu package.  For EasyTutu installations from a ToB BG2 installation, you need this ToB-based EasyTutu package.

Put them all in the same folder and run the program.

Feedback is welcome and encouraged.  Thanks.

fire_sine

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 09:38:35 PM »
Running this installer on Win7 64 bit; it will not accept my selection of the BG1 install directory, even when typed in.

The "old" version works fine on an XP box with the same BG / BG2 install.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 09:47:06 AM »
Hello.  Thanks for taking the time to post feedback.

Running this installer on Win7 64 bit; it will not accept my selection of the BG1 install directory, even when typed in.

Here's the validation logic in use:

• The folder you specified must exist.
  • The folder you specified must have a "data" subfolder.
  • There must exist a file called bgmain.exe in the specified folder.  That file must be smaller than 7,000,000 bytes (this is to differentiate from BG2 folder).

Can you see any condition here that isn't met by your BG1 installation?

Ussnorway

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 09:34:44 PM »
There is a beta of the new EasyTutu Installation Manager available for download now.

The above links spit out junk... please double check your url

rise

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 09:54:39 PM »
Hello,

While installing the latest EasyTutu Beta, I get the error, "A required package (easytutu.core.pkg) is missing!" My GOG versions of BG1 and BG2 installed in the x86 folder, so is that causing the problem? I'm going to try the non-beta install plus hotfix now.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 09:26:56 AM »
The above links spit out junk... please double check your url

Right-click, and use "save link as", instead of following the link - some browsers try and interpret the .pkg file instead of treating it the way they do .zip,,rar, .exe. When I do that in Firefox on a Win 7 Pro machine, I get an opportunity to save a file called easytutu.core.pkg

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 09:45:57 PM »
Hello.

Hello,

While installing the latest EasyTutu Beta, I get the error, "A required package (easytutu.core.pkg) is missing!" My GOG versions of BG1 and BG2 installed in the x86 folder, so is that causing the problem? I'm going to try the non-beta install plus hotfix now.

Thanks for trying the beta.  You just needed to download the relevant .pkg file and drop it in the same folder as the program.  I think your difficulty speaks to the desirability of a unified download where I'm not expecting you to download two separate things and put them in the same folder.  I'll consider that when I ultimately package the final release, but for now I'd like to focus on making sure that the program works as intended.  To date I've only had one person try it and comment "hey, this worked" (at gog.com).

Ussnorway

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 09:31:59 AM »

Windows Xp... BG1 (GoG) & BG2 (4 Disc set) Fails to install Tutu!
Your installer can't find the CD2 Movies, even though they are in the folder (is the installer case sense?)... the BG2 cone set-up works well.

Code: [Select]
07/18/2011 00:09 - NIBBIT-G0GT642T\Administrator - Action: Create an EasyTutu Installation
x64 platform detected.
Baldur's Gate 1 folder: G:\Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate 2 folder: G:\BGII - SoA
Target folder: G:\Tutu
Pre-validating setup actions list...
  Invalid path in action list (G:\BGII - SoA\CD2\;G:\BGII - SoA\CD2\movies\movies.bif)!
  Invalid path in action list (G:\Tutu\CD2\;G:\Tutu\CD2\movies\movies.bif)!
  A required source file (G:\BGII - SoA\CD2\;G:\BGII - SoA\CD2\movies\movies.bif) is missing!07/18/2011 00:11 - NIBBIT-G0GT642T\Administrator - Action: Create an EasyTutu Installation
x64 platform detected.
  Invalid path in action list (G:\BGII - SoA\CD2\;G:\BGII - SoA\CD2\movies\movies.bif)!
  A required source file (G:\BGII - SoA\CD2\;G:\BGII - SoA\CD2\movies\movies.bif) is missing!07/18/2011 00:15 - NIBBIT-G0GT642T\Administrator - Action: Create an EasyTutu Installation
x64 platform detected.
  A required source file (G:\BGII - SoA\CD2\;G:\BGII - SoA\CD2\movies\movies.bif) is missing!07/18/2011 00:16 - NIBBIT-G0GT642T\Administrator - Action: Clone My BG2 Installation Only
x64 platform detected.
Pre-validating setup actions list...done!
Creating folder G:\Tutu\cache...done!
Copying folder G:\BGII - SoA\data\ to G:\Tutu\data\ non-recursively...done!
Copying folder G:\BGII - SoA\scripts\ to G:\Tutu\scripts\ non-recursively...done!
Copying folder G:\BGII - SoA\sounds\ to G:\Tutu\sounds\ non-recursively...done!
Copying folder G:\BGII - SoA\override\ to G:\Tutu\override\ non-recursively...done!
Copying folder G:\BGII - SoA\music\ to G:\Tutu\music\ recursively...done!
Copying G:\BGII - SoA\autorun.ini to G:\Tutu\autorun.ini...done!
Copying G:\BGII - SoA\baldur.ini to G:\Tutu\baldur.ini...done!
Copying G:\BGII - SoA\bgate2.mpi to G:\Tutu\bgate2.mpi...done!
Copying G:\BGII - SoA\bgconfig.exe to G:\Tutu\bgconfig.exe...done!
Copying G:\BGII - SoA\bgdxtest.exe to G:\Tutu\bgdxtest.exe...done!
Copying G:\BGII - SoA\bggltest.exe to G:\Tutu\bggltest.exe...done!
Copying G:\BGII - SoA\bgmain.exe to G:\Tutu\bgmain.exe...done!
Copying G:\BGII - SoA\chitin.key to G:\Tutu\chitin.key...done!
Copying G:\BGII - SoA\dialog.tlk to G:\Tutu\dialog.tlk...done!
Copying G:\BGII - SoA\keymap.ini to G:\Tutu\keymap.ini...done!
Copying folder G:\BGII - SoA\characters\ to G:\Tutu\characters\ non-recursively...done!
Copying folder G:\BGII - SoA\portraits\ to G:\Tutu\portraits\ non-recursively...done!
Updating logicals in G:\Tutu\baldur.ini...done!
Successful completion.  Have fun!

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 10:38:03 AM »
Hello.

Windows Xp... BG1 (GoG) & BG2 (4 Disc set) Fails to install Tutu!
Your installer can't find the CD2 Movies, even though they are in the folder (is the installer case sense?)... the BG2 cone set-up works well.

(snip)

This is an extremely helpful error report - thank you.  I suspect I'm not making an allowance for spaces in the path.  I tend to avoid spaces in folder names on my own system.

Please allow me some time to test, and I'll report back in a bit.  Thanks again for posting.

EDIT: Actually, in reviewing your log a bit more closely, it appears that the problem is with reading the CD2 path from the INI file.  Again, I'll report back soon.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 10:42:56 AM by Macready »

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011, 11:11:34 AM »
Yes, that was it.  I've updated the installation manager - you'll need to redownload it.  No need to download the .pkg again - no changes there.

Thanks again for reporting the issue.  Please let me know how this new version works for you.

Ussnorway

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 01:29:03 AM »
Yes, that was it.  I've updated the installation manager - you'll need to redownload it.  No need to download the .pkg again - no changes there.

Thanks again for reporting the issue.  Please let me know how this new version works for you.
Works well now... thank you!

Ussnorway

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 11:12:45 AM »

It seams I spoke too soon… the tutu bgconfig won’t open, it appears it can’t find or read a file called language.test (is that the dialog.tlk file?). Windows xp… bg1(Gog) and bg2 (tried both the GoG and the 4disc version).

p.s. I'm only at the mines but the game itself is stable so far.

07/23/2011 01:46 - NIBBIT-G0GT642T\Administrator - Action: Create an EasyTutu Installation
x64 platform detected.
Creating folder G:\Tutu\cache...done!
Creating folder G:\Tutu\override...done!
Copying folder G:\BGII - SoA\data\ to G:\Tutu\data\ non-recursively...done!
Copying folder G:\BGII - SoA\scripts\ to G:\Tutu\scripts\ non-recursively...done!
Copying folder G:\BGII - SoA\sounds\ to G:\Tutu\sounds\ non-recursively...done!
Copying folder G:\Baldur's Gate\music\ to G:\Tutu\music\ recursively...done!
Copying G:\BGII - SoA\data\movies\movies.bif to G:\Tutu\data\movies\movies.bif...done!
Copying G:\BGII - SoA\autorun.ini to G:\Tutu\autorun.ini...done!
Copying G:\BGII - SoA\baldur.ini to G:\Tutu\baldur.ini...done!
Copying G:\BGII - SoA\bgate2.mpi to G:\Tutu\bgate2.mpi...done!
Copying G:\BGII - SoA\bgconfig.exe to G:\Tutu\bgconfig.exe...done!
Copying G:\BGII - SoA\bgdxtest.exe to G:\Tutu\bgdxtest.exe...done!
Copying G:\BGII - SoA\bggltest.exe to G:\Tutu\bggltest.exe...done!
Copying G:\BGII - SoA\bgmain.exe to G:\Tutu\bgmain.exe...done!
Copying G:\BGII - SoA\keymap.ini to G:\Tutu\keymap.ini...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area000a.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area000a.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area000b.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area000b.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area000c.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area000c.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area000d.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area000d.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area000e.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area000e.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area000f.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area000f.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area000g.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area000g.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area000h.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area000h.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area0100.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area0100.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area010a.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area010a.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area010b.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area010b.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area0200.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area0200.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area020a.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area020a.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area020b.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area020b.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area0300.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area0300.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area030a.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area030a.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area030b.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area030b.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area0400.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area0400.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area040x.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area040x.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area0500.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area0500.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area050a.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area050a.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area050b.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area050b.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area050c.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area050c.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area050d.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area050d.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area0600.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area0600.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area060a.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area060a.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area0700.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area0700.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area070a.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area070a.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area0800.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area0800.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area080a.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area080a.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area080b.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area080b.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area0900.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area0900.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area090x.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area090x.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area1000.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area1000.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area100a.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area100a.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area1100.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area1100.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area110a.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area110a.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area110b.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area110b.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area110c.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area110c.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area1200.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area1200.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area120a.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area120a.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area120b.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area120b.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area1300.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area1300.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area130a.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area130a.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area1400.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area1400.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area140a.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area140a.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area140b.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area140b.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area1500.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area1500.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area150a.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area150a.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area1600.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area1600.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area160x.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area160x.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area1700.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area1700.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area1800.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area1800.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area180a.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area180a.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area180b.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area180b.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area180c.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area180c.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area180d.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area180d.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area180e.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area180e.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area1900.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area1900.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area190x.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area190x.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area2000.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area2000.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area200a.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area200a.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area200b.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area200b.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area2100.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area2100.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area210x.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area210x.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area2200.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area2200.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area220x.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area220x.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area2300.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area2300.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area230a.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area230a.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area230b.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area230b.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area2400.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area2400.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area2600.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area2600.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area260a.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area260a.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area260b.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area260b.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area260c.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area260c.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area2700.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area2700.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area2800.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area2800.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area2900.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area2900.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area3000.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area3000.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area3100.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area3100.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area3200.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area3200.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area320x.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area320x.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area3300.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area3300.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area330a.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area330a.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area330b.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area330b.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area330c.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area330c.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area330d.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area330d.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area3400.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area3400.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area340x.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area340x.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area3500.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area3500.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area3600.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area3600.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area360x.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area360x.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area3700.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area3700.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area3800.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area3800.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area380x.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area380x.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area3900.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area3900.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area390x.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area390x.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area4000.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area4000.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area400x.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area400x.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area4100.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area4100.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area410x.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area410x.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area4200.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area4200.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area4300.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area4300.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area4400.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area4400.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area440x.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area440x.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area4500.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area4500.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area450x.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area450x.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area4600.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area4600.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area4700.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area4700.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area470x.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area470x.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area4800.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area4800.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area480x.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area480x.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area4900.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area4900.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area490x.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area490x.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area5000.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area5000.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area500x.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area500x.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area5100.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area5100.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area510x.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area510x.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area5200.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area5200.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area520x.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area520x.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area5300.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area5300.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area5400.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area5400.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area540a.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area540a.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area540b.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area540b.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area540c.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area540c.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area540d.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area540d.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area5500.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area5500.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\area550x.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\area550x.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\armisc.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\armisc.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\chasound.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\chasound.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\cresound.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\cresound.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\effects.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\effects.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\exarmaps.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\exarmaps.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\gui.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\gui.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\items.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\items.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\mpgui.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\mpgui.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\mpsounds.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\mpsounds.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\npcsound.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\npcsound.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\rndencnt.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\rndencnt.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\data\sfxsound.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1data\sfxsound.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\movies\moviecd1.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1mov\moviecd1.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\movies\moviecd2.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1mov\moviecd2.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\movies\moviecd3.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1mov\moviecd3.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\movies\moviecd4.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1mov\moviecd4.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\movies\moviecd5.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1mov\moviecd5.bif...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\movies\moviecd6.bif to G:\Tutu\bg1mov\moviecd6.bif...done!
Copying folder G:\BGII - SoA\characters\ to G:\Tutu\characters\ non-recursively...done!
Copying folder G:\BGII - SoA\portraits\ to G:\Tutu\portraits\ non-recursively...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male1a.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m01a.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male1b.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m01b.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male1c.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m01c.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male1d.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m01d.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male1e.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m01e.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male1f.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m01f.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male1g.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m01g.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male1h.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m01h.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male1i.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m01i.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male1j.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m01j.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male1k.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m01k.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male1l.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m01l.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male1m.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m01m.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male2a.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m02a.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male2b.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m02b.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male2c.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m02c.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male2d.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m02d.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male2e.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m02e.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male2f.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m02f.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male2g.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m02g.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male2h.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m02h.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male2i.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m02i.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male2j.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m02j.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male2k.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m02k.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male2l.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m02l.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male2m.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m02m.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male3a.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m03a.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male3b.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m03b.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male3c.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m03c.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male3d.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m03d.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male3e.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m03e.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male3f.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m03f.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male3g.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m03g.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male3h.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m03h.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male3i.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m03i.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male3j.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m03j.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male3k.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m03k.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male3l.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m03l.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\male3m.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_m03m.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female1a.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f01a.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female1b.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f01b.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female1c.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f01c.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female1d.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f01d.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female1e.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f01e.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female1f.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f01f.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female1g.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f01g.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female1h.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f01h.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female1i.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f01i.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female1j.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f01j.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female1k.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f01k.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female1l.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f01l.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female1m.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f01m.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female2a.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f02a.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female2b.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f02b.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female2c.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f02c.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female2d.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f02d.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female2e.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f02e.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female2f.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f02f.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female2g.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f02g.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female2h.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f02h.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female2i.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f02i.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female2j.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f02j.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female2k.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f02k.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female2l.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f02l.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female2m.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f02m.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female3a.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f03a.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female3b.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f03b.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female3c.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f03c.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female3d.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f03d.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female3e.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f03e.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female3f.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f03f.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female3g.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f03g.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female3h.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f03h.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female3i.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f03i.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female3j.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f03j.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female3k.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f03k.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female3l.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f03l.wav...done!
Copying G:\Baldur's Gate\sounds\female3m.wav to G:\Tutu\sounds\bg1_f03m.wav...done!
Updating logicals in G:\Tutu\baldur.ini...done!
Deploying package easytutu.core.pkg to G:\Tutu.....................done!
Patching EasyTutu game executable (G:\Tutu\bgmain.exe)...done!
Successful completion.  Have fun!

Ussnorway

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 11:23:45 AM »
It seams I spoke too soon… the tutu bgconfig won’t open, it appears it can’t find or read a file called language.test (is that the dialog.tlk file?). Windows xp… bg1(Gog) and bg2 (tried both the GoG and the 4disc version).

Update:  :-*

I found a text file called “Language” in my bg2 folder and copy/paste it into the tutu folder…has resolved the issue… and sorry about all the extra posting but this retarded forum won’t let me edit my previous posts.

Offline Xandos88

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 03:27:29 PM »
Hi all!!!

First of all GREAT job, very amazing!!!

but I have a problem :(

I'm italian, I've downloaded the dialog.tlk of the italian version (as I did for Icewind Dale and other games) to have the text translated into my mother language but is not working :|

The space for text is black, no letters, and the journal too, strange commands like <DAY> and stuff like that.

I tryed to have a clean install of BG, replaced the dialog.tlk file and it works perfectly as always...

I even tryed to reinstall all the easy tutu from the clean install of BG with the dialog.tlk replaced but it didnt work :(

Is there any way with this amazing mod to have the text translated?

If there are no way to get this thing work, can anyone advise me a good .tlk editor wich work on windows 7?

Cheers ^^
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:30:22 PM by Xandos88 »

talain

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 03:00:56 AM »
Thank you for this installer!

I was having the worst time trying to get my 64 bit vista to stomach the ancient installshield of the standard easytutu download from the webpage, while this worked perfectly fine.

Ayrus

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 06:22:39 PM »
Good work! I noticed that the configuration program requires a file called Language.txt from BG2 installation directory. You should add that file to the list of files to copy. It contains the strings that the program needs. Of course one can manually copy that file, but that's not a good solution.

Ayrus

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 06:13:36 AM »
A suggestion: perhaps you could integrate your BG1 Degreenifier mod to Easytutu installer. Since it is only used by Easytutu anyway, and must be the first mod to be installed, it could be helpful if it were available at the end of the process automatically.

At the very least the current package needs a newer weidu.exe, since it appears not to work very well on a new system. Currently you have to manually replace weidu.exe with the version 229.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 03:57:25 PM »
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

No to the Italian .TLK - EasyTutu is English-only - sorry.

The language.txt problem has been noted.  I'll amend the setup actions files to include that one.

I actually flirted with the idea of incorporating the degreenifier, but ultimately abandoned it.  I don't want to bog down the download for those who have no intention of using it.

EDIT: the EasyTutuManager archive (the small download, not the big one) has been updated to include language.txt in the actions list for both cloning and EasyTutu installations.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 04:11:30 PM by Macready »

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• The Imp.
  • Planewalker
    • website jocuri
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 10:33:58 AM »
Macready, you efforts to improve the Tutu's are appreciated, even by us, the near permanent BGT'ers. ;D

Offline Necaradan666

• Planewalker
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2011, 09:01:33 PM »
Would it be worthwhile to include some parts of Tutufix, specifically Restored BG1 Loadscreens and BG1 Summoning Spells merely to make Easytutu more authentic to BG1

Tutufix seems to be mostly depreciated but required just for those couple components if you want Easytutu to be more authentic and personally I'd rather have them as part of the package than have to install a second mod
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 09:12:02 PM by Necaradan666 »
I'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 04:48:13 PM »
Hello.  Thanks for taking the time to post feedback.

Here's the validation logic in use:

• The folder you specified must exist.
  • The folder you specified must have a "data" subfolder.
  • There must exist a file called bgmain.exe in the specified folder.  That file must be smaller than 7,000,000 bytes (this is to differentiate from BG2 folder).

Can you see any condition here that isn't met by your BG1 installation?
if nothing has changed since this was brought up...
I can see one way that it will fail. 
The Original Saga version DOES NOT have a bgmain.exe file  It only has a bgmain2.exe file sized under 5MB

EDIT: Just confirmed that the installer will not recognize an Original Saga version of the game.  However, it does recognize the 4n1 DVD set and the 5+1 disc set.
I think it would recognize the saga if I copied over a bgmain.exe file but I should not have to do that.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 05:14:22 PM by plainab »
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 05:20:02 PM »
Copying h:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD2\movies\movies.bif to h:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD2\movies\movies.bif...
  Error! The process cannot access the file 'h:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD2\movies\movies.bif' because it is being used by another process.
This is odd....  I used the installer to clone my BG2 directory so I could use that for the destructive conversion to BGT and exited it when finished and restarted it to do an EasyTuTu installation using my 4n1 DVD set (since the saga test failed).  No other processes running that should be using anything from BG2.  Could the installer not be freeing things up properly? There were no errors with the cloning process... 

EDIT: rebooted and gave it another go.... got the exact same error.   And upon further reading, why is it trying to copy over top itself.  shouldn't it be copying to the correct directory?  full log:
10/10/2011 18:26 - SashaAB-PC\Sasha(AB) - Action: Create an EasyTutu Installation
x64 platform detected.
Baldur's Gate 1 folder: H:\Games\Black Isle\BG-ToTSC-4-1
Baldur's Gate 2 folder: H:\Games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA
Target folder: H:\Games\Black Isle\EasyTutu-ToTSC-4-1
Creating folder H:\Games\Black Isle\EasyTutu-ToTSC-4-1\cache...done!
Creating folder H:\Games\Black Isle\EasyTutu-ToTSC-4-1\override...done!
Copying folder H:\Games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\data\ to H:\Games\Black Isle\EasyTutu-ToTSC-4-1\data\ non-recursively...done!
Copying folder H:\Games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\scripts\ to H:\Games\Black Isle\EasyTutu-ToTSC-4-1\scripts\ non-recursively...done!
Copying folder H:\Games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\sounds\ to H:\Games\Black Isle\EasyTutu-ToTSC-4-1\sounds\ non-recursively...done!
Copying folder H:\Games\Black Isle\BG-ToTSC-4-1\music\ to H:\Games\Black Isle\EasyTutu-ToTSC-4-1\music\ recursively...done!
Copying h:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD2\movies\movies.bif to h:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD2\movies\movies.bif...
  Error! The process cannot access the file 'h:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD2\movies\movies.bif' because it is being used by another process.

EDIT AGAIN:  And when trying with the 5+1 version...  same error.
10/10/2011 18:36 - SashaAB-PC\Sasha(AB) - Action: Create an EasyTutu Installation
x64 platform detected.
Baldur's Gate 1 folder: H:\Games\Black Isle\BG-ToTSC-5disc+1UK
Baldur's Gate 2 folder: H:\Games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA
Target folder: H:\Games\Black Isle\EasyTuTu-ToTSC-5+1UK
Creating folder H:\Games\Black Isle\EasyTuTu-ToTSC-5+1UK\cache...done!
Creating folder H:\Games\Black Isle\EasyTuTu-ToTSC-5+1UK\override...done!
Copying folder H:\Games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\data\ to H:\Games\Black Isle\EasyTuTu-ToTSC-5+1UK\data\ non-recursively...done!
Copying folder H:\Games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\scripts\ to H:\Games\Black Isle\EasyTuTu-ToTSC-5+1UK\scripts\ non-recursively...done!
Copying folder H:\Games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\sounds\ to H:\Games\Black Isle\EasyTuTu-ToTSC-5+1UK\sounds\ non-recursively...done!
Copying folder H:\Games\Black Isle\BG-ToTSC-5disc+1UK\music\ to H:\Games\Black Isle\EasyTuTu-ToTSC-5+1UK\music\ recursively...done!

Please check and make sure that the installer is copying to the correct location cause it seems that it is wanting to copy to the source directory which of course can cause all kinds of problems

EDIT x3:  got around the problem by editing the easytutu.actions.ini file  I changed the // line to the non // line
//file_copy=$bg2cd2path$\movies\movies.bif>$etcd2path$\movies\movies.bif
file_copy=$bg2path$\cd2\movies\movies.bif>$etpath$\cd2\movies\movies.bif
my guess is that the $etcd2path$ isn't being set properly...

EDIT x4: Proper solution would be to state that the BG2 game needs to be ran prior to doing the EasyTuTu conversion...  I had issues trying to run any variant of BG2 after performing the earlier conversions.  I deleted and uninstalled all references to BG2.  Reinstalled and made sure that I started a game going all the way thru character creation past the intro cutscenes.  I then reverted the changes I had made to the easytutu.actions.ini file earlier and performed a successful clone and a successful EasyTuTu conversion.  So do be sure that it is stated in the documentation that BG2 needs to be ran at least once to finalize settings in the various files prior to using the EasyTuTu beta installer...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 06:46:40 AM by plainab »
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: