« on: January 15, 2008, 12:13:55 AM »
You find 'em, I squish 'em.

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
Re: Bugs
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 12:39:28 AM »
First bug, and it's a big one. Damn!

Kits affected: Huntsman of Silvanus, and depending on the circumstances, the Archer, Mystic Marksman, and Spellshafter as well.
Symptoms: Some spellslots will be "un-memorized" each time the game is Saved/Reloaded.

The problem lies in the conflict between the "added" spells and the "subtracted" spells, and only occurs in spell levels where the character has both "added" spells (due to high Wisdom or items that add spellslots) and "subtracted" spells (the spellslot penalties listed in the kit's Disadvantages). Basically, the spell-subtraction penalty is applied first, meaning you lose your spellslots, and then the spell-adding bonus is applied, meaning you get your spellslots back . . . empty.

I didn't think to check for things like this while I was testing, and frankly I have no idea how to fix it at the moment. For now, all I can do is suggest that you do your Saving/Reloading directly before you Rest. Sorry.

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
Re: Bugs
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 11:33:51 PM »
Good news--I found what caused the bug, and it seems to be 100% fixable. I don't really understand it, I'm just glad that it apparently works. Version 1.1 will be out soon, but not real soon: I need time to do the more exhaustive testing that would have prevented this bug from becoming an issue in the first place. Also in Version 1.1, Druids will be allowed to use Quivers of Plenty.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: