Author Topic: Crash on import  (Read 14422 times)

Kijikun

Crash on import
« on: April 18, 2011, 04:58:50 PM »
Hi, run into a problem with the mod. It installed fine, no errors, but when I try to import the characters into a new game - the game crashes. This happened on both a install with several other mods and a fresh install with just this mod. Any help would be great. Thanks

Kijikun

Re: Crash on import
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 05:30:43 PM »
The error it displays on crash is: "Runtime Error!
Program: C:\GOG.com\Icewind Dale Complete\ IDMain.exe

abnormal program termination"

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 12:13:15 AM »
Okay, first of all, let's try and reproduce it on a clean install, no mods at all, not even Widescreen. (As I write in the Readme, I advise backuping dialog.tlk, iwdmain.exe, chitin.key, and the entire override directory). If it still crashes, it's bad: then it's a problem with your installation. If it doesn't crash, then do the backup of the aforementioned files, install IWD NPC and check if it crashes. If it does, post your weidu.log - I need to know which character classes you chose. Also, try re-downloading the mod from pocketplane.net, just in case.

kijikun

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 08:49:10 AM »
It crashed with no mods installed, so it looks like its my game. Tired a fresh download from gog.com with no luck. Hopefully support over there will have some ideas. Thanks for your help.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 02:50:02 AM »
Okay, now I'm having the same problem with my Tutu games. Folks, has anyone else gotten a runtime error during a character import? Does it have to do with running ToBexloader, or something else, perhaps?

AWD

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 10:36:02 AM »
Hi, my Icewind Dale crash when i import a char in a game. This is my Weidu log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
~AB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Auril's Bane Core Files
~AB.TP2~ #0 #3 // Grog's IWD Fixes
~AB.TP2~ #0 #5 // Level 40 Rules Pack
~AB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Harder Yxunomei

I have ID+HOW+Totl

It's strange because not all time the game crashes. When i import a char, sometimes the game crash.
I use windows mode.  ;)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 12:26:03 PM »
Yep, I had a report like this a while ago, and I still can't figure it out. I *think* it's not IWD NPC-related, though. Judging by the previous report and my own situation, it happens on Tutu and BG2 and on IWD with no mods installed. I've asked folks at G3 if they know anything - maybe we'll work it out eventually. Sorry you have to deal with this. (Maybe trying to play with subcomponents and character classes would help, but I don't think so: in my BG2 game, it crashes every time I try to import a character).

Just to clarify: does your problem happen every time you start a new game and import a character file(not from a saved game)? And you are getting a "runtime error" and "abnormal program termination"?

Kage

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 12:47:33 PM »
My Icewind Dale crashed on import and character creation after I installed Heart of Winter. I searched on the net and finally found that my anti-virus Avast 6 could be responsible of that. ???. So I turn it off and get no more runtime errors in the game :D.

And it seems having this error could make Avast 6 stop working too at the next windows start, until the point I have to uninstall and reinstall it.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 01:25:36 PM »
Oh, that's a nice discovery! Thank you for posting about this. I have Outpost systems, myself: I wonder what happens if I turn it all off. Must try it sometime. :) Thanks again for reporting.

Kage

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 08:09:17 PM »
This strange conflict only happens with IwD + Heart of Winter. IwD alone runs fine even with Avast 6.

Another better way to solve this problem is to make Avast stop watching the game program (IDmain.exe). After that, you can keep the anti-virus running even while playing. It could be done in the section "Resident protection" -> "Suspect actions' agent" -> "expert settings" -> "Trusted process" (translated names from Avast french version).

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: