Author Topic: Help please - Cannot find Kelsey (yes, I read the FAQ)  (Read 10200 times)

Karmapowered_

Help please - Cannot find Kelsey (yes, I read the FAQ)
« on: April 14, 2011, 02:11:45 PM »
Hi all,

I am currently using the BWS installer ("Big World Project") to take advantage of this fine mod in a fresh game :

http://www.shsforums.net/forum/193-mega-mod-help/

The issue I am having is that Kelsey is nowhere to be found in the Government district.

This is my Weidu log file (I have to use an external site, as I am not yet registered, cannot copy/paste such a long text, and cannot attach files to this message it seems) :

http://pastebin.com/zM5bdkZ7

Any kind assistance would be highly appreciated, as I am not experienced yet to toy with the Infinity explorer files (there are 4 or more Kelsey files, with no location ??), and used to have Kelsey working before, on a non BGT install (just BG2).
Alternatively, if someone could tell me how to check if Kelsey is correctly "present" in my game, perhaps the trigger to check to see if he spawns in, etc.

Thank you :)

Karmapowered_

Re: Help please - Cannot find Kelsey (yes, I read the FAQ)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 03:16:59 PM »
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("J#KLSY09") seems to work, but is the correct "Kelsey" ?

If I open Shadow Keeper, I get 7 different IDs :

- J#KLSY09 (offered to join when spawned in)
- J#KLSY11 (?)
- J#KLSY12 (?)
- J#KLSY13 (?)
- J#KLSY25 (?)
- J#VMPKEL (wouldn't talk to me when spawned in)
- STJKLSY (wouldn't talk to me when spawned in)

Is it safe to keep playing with a spawned in Kelsey ? ???

Am the only one on a BWP "recommended" setup, with such an issue ?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 12:19:46 AM »
Your Weidu.log reports that Kelsey is installed, so the guy should be there. I can only repeat what's in Kelsey's FAQ: it usually installs fine(well, for the last seven years, anyway). Check Kelsey's usual "hiding place" past Keldorn's estate, next to the fountain, just in case. If that fails, then, yes, any of
- J#KLSY09 (offered to join when spawned in)
- J#KLSY11 (?)
- J#KLSY12 (?)
- J#KLSY13 (?) should do.

If you have any questions about BWP, I guess it's better to ask in BWP forum, but if you follow the standard route: download Kelsey mod from pockeplane.net/kelsey, run it, choose your BG2 directory, process with the installing(if it asks you to run Setup-Kelsey.exe again, just run it again from BG2 folder), and finally, start the game and go to the Government District, then Kelsey will be in his usual place: next to Keldorn's estate, past the fountain. In any case, best of luck.

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 12:55:31 AM »
The numbers in the J#KLSYxx represent his level when you meet him, since the game checks your level and adjusts for it (but only from as many versions as there are to pick from). 09 is the guy you want if you run straight to the gov't district to recruit him. 25 would be summoned by the ToB fate spirit thingy.

Other creatures are plot-driven spawns that can't do their thing unless it's the right time and place for them.

These naming conventions are pretty standard.
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

Guest_Karmapowered

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 08:13:26 PM »
Sorry for the delay in answering, but I wished to thank you both for the help.

Also, on a side-note, it seems that the approval of my registration still hasn't gone through after all this time.

Could someone please look into it ? I am willing to provide all the information again, if needed.

Thank you.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 11:41:10 PM »
Sorry about the registration; jcompton is probably away for the moment. (He's the only one who does this registration approval thingy, but I'm certain he will do it when he is back).

Karmapowered_

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 01:41:51 PM »
It is no worry, really.

I will just wait.

Thank you for getting back to me :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: