Author Topic: Adding an NPC using the console (The console works, don't worry!)  (Read 22551 times)

baldursgatefan

I've been trying to add Yeslick to my team by spawning him using console commands. The problem is I can't find the correct console command. When I use:

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Yeslick")

or

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Yeslic")

or the same as above but in small caps, Yeslick does not spawn. Some others which I've tried and work include "boo", and orc, and a dragon.

Is there a way to spawn Yeslick? Maybe even not using console commands.

Thank you!

PS: I registered as xuerebx but it seems I was not approved.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
I'm sorry about the approval thing: the administrator is currently away, but I'm sure it'll be all right later. (We turned the approval on because of a massive spam bot attack a while ago).

To spawn Yeslick or Tiax or some other NPCs you need to know what their .cre file name is. To do it, I would recommend downloading Infinity Explorer(modlist.pocketplane.net must have a link): you open it in creatures section and the name is usually right there. It can be yesli09 or something else - but only if Yeslick is in BG2 at all - and I'm not quite sure he is, really, though there are some leftovers from the first game.

baldursgatefan

I'm sorry about the approval thing: the administrator is currently away, but I'm sure it'll be all right later. (We turned the approval on because of a massive spam bot attack a while ago).

To spawn Yeslick or Tiax or some other NPCs you need to know what their .cre file name is. To do it, I would recommend downloading Infinity Explorer(modlist.pocketplane.net must have a link): you open it in creatures section and the name is usually right there. It can be yesli09 or something else - but only if Yeslick is in BG2 at all - and I'm not quite sure he is, really, though there are some leftovers from the first game.

No worries about the approval issue. I'm sure I'll be approved later. :)

Thanks for the InfExp mention. I've downloaded it and searched the 3 directories (BG1, BG2, BGtutu). Yeslick (yeslic, yeslic05, yeslid) is only found in the BG1 directory. And I believe BGtutu uses the BG2 assets and stuff, which means I can't use the console command for him (in fact I've tried yeslic/yeslic05/yeslid) but the console tells me the command doesn't exist.

However, how does yeslick manage to appear in the game then? If I had a reputation greater than 7 he would have joined me. What happened was that mine was 5 so he only spoke to me, then left. If he managed to appear in my game, aren't I supposed to be able to use him? What happens if I somehow copy the BG1 yeslick file to the BGtutu directory?

And lastly, is there some other way I can get Yeslick? Maybe through an importer program or something like that?

Thanks very much for your help. :) I've been searching on the net for 2 days straight!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Well, you can always reload and bump your reputation via ShadowKeeper, then Yeslick would join you. Other than that, you can spawn him in your Tutu game, if you want: if BG1 files are yeslic.cre and yeslic05.cre, then Tutu ones will be _yeslic.cre and _yeslic05.cre. There's this console command CTRL-Q - if you point at Yeslick and press that, he should join your party.

baldursgatefan

Unfortunately I'm already in Chapter 5 so I can't find Yeslick in the mines.

I've just checked the BGtutu directory using infexplorer and there are no file names starting with be_ in the creature section! There's no yeslic/yeslick too.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Ah, yes, they are in override directory, so they're not linked to the game, sorry(unlike Bg1/Bg2, tutu is a mod): but if they are in override folder, then  you can do like I said.

baldursgatefan

Yes! yeslic.cre and yeslic5.cre are in the override directory in bgtutu.

I'm not sure what to do though in order to spawn yeslick now? Sorry.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Make sure Debug Mode=1 and Cheats=1 in baldur.ini in your tutu folder.
Run the game. Insert
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("_yeslic5.cre")
If Yeslick appears, point the cursor at Yeslick and press CTRL-Q.
Should work, I think.

baldursgatefan

IT WORKED!

Thanks a lot. Your help is appreciated. :)

Have a virtual cookie.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: