Author Topic: Xan stopped initiating dialogue with PC?  (Read 529 times)

Atan

Xan stopped initiating dialogue with PC?
« on: September 17, 2023, 01:32:42 PM »
Installed this mod before starting to play BG2:EE on steam on PC.

This weekend i had to be out home and decided to bring laptop with me and install bg2 there to continue playing, completely forgetting that i have this mod installed. When i loaded my last save Xan was there but had no moonblade. Thats when i finally remembered about the mod and installed it, loaded game again and he was fine, but I feel like he stopped initiating those very short scenes (when he looks at you for a bit etc) with my character. I didnt rly play much on laptop after that, and now im back on PC and loaded older save that was made on PC, and he still has dialogues with other characters, and initiated one with my character when we were camping for the first time outside of Athkatla, but i still feel like the short ones that started with something like "(xan pays attention to you...)" are gone. I used to get them very often, now i had a whole session without one. Is there any way to check if they are gone and restore them?

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: Xan stopped initiating dialogue with PC?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 12:25:48 AM »
What you are missing is called NPC initiated random flirts.
What are the variables Global("O#XanRomanceActive","GLOBAL") and Global("O#XanLoveTalk","GLOBAL") and Global("O#XanBondedTalk","GLOBAL") at?
The first should be 1 or 2 and one of the latter greater than 4. That's the basic conditions for Xan's random flirts.

Also, what is Global("O#XanFlirtsCheck","GLOBAL") at?

Since you are using an older save in a newer install, it might be there is a hickup with some variables.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: