Author Topic: About to install FotD, wondering about its compatibility with the BG1 Tweakpack  (Read 6338 times)

Guest here

Greetings. I would like have some concerns addressed by those who know well enough to answer.

I'm about to install the FotD mod, and my installation will look like the following:

a) Install Baldur's Gate - The Original Saga (patches included in this install)
b) Install Baldurdash or Dudleyville Fixpack
c) Install Fields of the Dead
d) Install BG1 Unfinished Business
e) Install the "No End" mod from Arundor's Abode, which will simply allow me to venture into Durlag's Tower AFTER I've killed Sarevok, according to how I'd like to roleplay my upcoming run through BG1 - This mod is the 2nd from the top on this website
http://www.magma.ca/~carl2/arundor/abode/bg_scripts.html
f) Install the BG1 Tweakpack from the Gibberlings 3 website

My concerns are as follows:

1) Should I install it with both Baldurdash and Dudleyville Fixpacks, or simply one of them?

2) According to the changes under 02.05.06 - v1.05 of the Readme file, the spell "Armor" only lasts 30minutes/level. Is this optional upon install, or a non-negotiable change?

3) Under the 27.04.05 - v1.01 section of the Readme, I get the impression that the spell "Chaotic Commands" is completely out of the game. Is this assumption
of mine correct?

4a) Under the 8th section of the Readme, it states that "All ammunition stacks have been set to 100." I would personally have it set to 20 or 40 (for my personal roleplaying). Is the ammo being set to 100 non-negotiable, or can it be changed?

4b) I like many of the things FotD has to offer (and hence, I'm here inquiring further), but I also really like many of the components offered in the BG1 Tweakpack from the Gibberlings 3 website (such as changing Jahiera to Neutral Good, wearing multiple protection items, unnerfing spell tables, etc). My question is if I install the BG1 Tweakpack AFTER I've installed FotD, will my modded game still work efficiently?

5) Are clerical spheres optional?

Thank you in advance.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Most of your questions can be answered with "no, nothing in FotD is optional". This will change in future versions.

1) None, one or both. It is up to you.

3) Yes.

4) As for the Tweak Pack, anything you install from it will take precedence over FotD due to the installation order.

Guest here

Thank you very much for your help, and congrats on making a recommended mod for a most awsome game! I've already d/l'ed it and will now install it after I'm done my current game (Planescape: Torment).

All the best.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: