Author Topic: Need help with installing mods please?  (Read 2434 times)

Cl1cka

Need help with installing mods please?
« on: December 22, 2010, 04:16:36 PM »
First hello to everyone, I am a big fan of BG series and after years I decided to play them again. However I noticed that there are out different mods which make the game more interesting, so I decided to try some of them. Firstly I installed BG1+BG2+expansion+patch, secodnly I downloaded and installed EasyTutu as I wanted to lay BG1 in the BG2 engine. Afterwards I downloaded and installed BG1 NPC Project as it promises some interesting talks with the NPC-s and even romances. All up to here was Ok. The problem I am having is easytutu makes a new folder for itself from which you have to start the game, and I am not sure but I think the reason is it leaves the original instalations intact. My question is - I wanted to install the Flirt Pack for BG2 and Romantic encounters mods. The second one offers options for romance with different NPC's which are not in the party, so it sounded interesting. So does anyone know if the mods will work together ? Or after downloading should I install them in the Easytutu folder as the first mod? Thank you for your help.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Need help with installing mods please?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 12:51:22 AM »
With EasyTutu and BG2, you will have two separate folders, one for your Tutu game and your Tutu mods, another for your BG2 game and your BG2 mods. EasyTutu indeed leaves your BG2 installation intact. (Before you start installing mods, I recommend reading this topic: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,17555 - it will make your reinstalls much easier. But since you've already installed some mods for EasyTutu, that's a moot point for now).

Flirt Pack and Romantic Encounters definitely work together. If you would like more romantic possibilities, Romantic Encounters would work for you. They are both BG2 mods - do NOT install them into EasyTutu folder. EasyTutu folder is for BG1(Tutu) mods only(read the readme of each mod to check if you like).

Best of luck. If you'd like more help, feel free to ask here, in Mod Discussions forum(or in specific mod forums, if your questions are about Flirt Pack/Kelsey/Xan/Banter Pack/other mod).

Cl1cka

Re: Need help with installing mods please?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 06:50:39 AM »
Thank you very much, that helped a lot. Now I get it - EasyTutu is for BG1 only and I can mod the BG2 in it's folder. Thanks again.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: