Author Topic: Wolfskin Bag Bug...?  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Markal

• Sworn Enemy of Coffee
  • Planewalker
Wolfskin Bag Bug...?
« on: October 28, 2010, 06:58:29 PM »
Has anyone else noticed this? Apparently, the wolfskin bag sets items with charges to 1 charge. This (depending on the item) could become either a cheesy exploit, or bad news for items with multiple charges. For instance:

- One-use-per-day items, such as rings of invisibility or nymph cloaks, can be used, stuffed into the wolfskin bag, and then pulled out again, ready to go once more. I can just imagine the sheer number of golem summoning tome abuses that can result, especially with the juggernaut golem page restored.

- You can also keep stuffing the wolfskin bag with your glasses of identification after use, pull it out whenever you need something identified, and then stuff it back into the bag until you need another free item identification.

- I'm not sure about the effects it might have on wands, though. I'll probably test those out as well.

Not sure if this should be a bug report, or just something that should be brought to the attention of UB users in general.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 07:01:46 PM by Markal »
"It is nothing to die; it is horrible not to live." - Jean Valjean

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: Wolfskin Bag Bug...?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 02:39:12 AM »
Thank you for reporting! I wouldn't know how this could happen, though. Custom item creation is not my speciality. Would anyone know how a bag can do this to items?

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 09:11:16 AM »
If I remember correctly, this happens for all bags of holding and containers in the game, and is a regularly used exploit. Miloch would know, I bet - he has done a lot of work with containers. What I can't remember is if there is a "fix" out there or it it is not possible to fix it.

Offline Markal

• Sworn Enemy of Coffee
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 04:35:20 PM »
Okay, I did a bit more testing.  Apparently from what I've seen so far, it only seems to affect items that can be used on a daily basis, such as glasses of identification or rings of invisibility. Items with limited charges, such as Cloak of Shield or wands aren't affected. I'll probably do a bit more playing around and see what else comes up.
"It is nothing to die; it is horrible not to live." - Jean Valjean

Offline rreinier

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 10:48:32 AM »
I think the reason for this is these items won't be recharged by resting if they're inside a bag (they're in a "store", not your player's inventory). So it's a choice between never recharging them (which is a pain) and automatically recharging them (which is exploitable, but it's the player's choice whether to use it or not). It won't happen with items with fixed charges, since this problem doesn't exist for them.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: