Author Topic: I must be retarded.  (Read 10899 times)

Strife

I must be retarded.
« on: October 08, 2010, 02:24:41 AM »
BGII - TOB
Baldurdash Fix-Pack
Windows 7 "Ultimate" *bleh*

DBG installs just fine, but the scripting at the very beginning of the game is still Old School Irenicus and exploding Shadow Thieves. Only thing different is now when it goes to Auto-Save it says 'Game failed to save. Would you like to quit?' Needless to say, Jasper is no-where to be found, but the game will still play.

I tried changing my compat. settings and running as Admin, but get the same results. In fact, before and after the FixPack and with or without other WeiDU mods, it's the same thing.

I liked Jasper, and frankly I like Irenicus better as a mumbling idiot. The only reason I decided to replay this stupid game 4000 years after it came out was because of this mod.

Dear lord, help me out.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: I must be retarded.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 03:31:41 AM »
Usually with DBG installed, Jasper appears right after the Imoen rescue scene and the first auto-save(Irenicus is still Old School; to get rid of Irenicus Scenes, you need "Shorter Cutscenes" from BG2 Tweak Pack, available at gibberlings3.net).

"Before and after the FixPack" is a Very Bad Thing. Installing Baldurdash after mods(including DBG)  is a big no-no. If you really did that, do a full reinstall. Install Baldurdash(if you must install Baldurdash instead of BG2 Fixpack from gibberlings3.com) right after the patch, install the patch after the game, and install the mods after all that.

Barring that, here's the usual advice:

Check your Weidu.log in your BG2 directory; check that DBG is there. Also, make sure to check the quick reinstall/clean backup topic http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,17555.0 - saves time for all your subsequent reinstalls. Make sure the game and other game-related utilities are not running as you install the mod.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 03:39:58 AM »
Best is to install BGII somewhere other than the usual "Programs" folder. Saves all issues regarding denied rights to install / change a program there.

What exactly you have to do to give you the rights to mod it if installed under Programs I don't know, but I have seen the help at several places. Google might know.

Strife

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 05:14:02 AM »
Did a clean install by the book...then noticed that W7 had my programs folder locked tighter than a Catholic dormitory. Set permissions to full and now everything works fine.

Thanks, gents.

Strife

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 02:52:50 AM »
Three years later and I some how stumbled upon this same solution to the same problem. I need a life.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 03:35:21 AM »
Welcome back. :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: