Author Topic: This project must not die!  (Read 5521 times)

Offline cremo

• Planewalker
This project must not die!
« on: October 03, 2010, 05:47:24 AM »
This project is just too good... it's really a shame that it has been put on an indefinite yatus.

Bgtutu is great.. it gave me the will to play at bg again, frustrated by new console-games like dragon age origins.. yet i really think that 3ed rules are so much interesting than ad&D ones.. so much more flexible, simple, balanced.. and iwd II engine is so much superior to bg2 where you can't even equip an offhand weapon with a bow and you ll need contnuosly to go into inventory in order to do what iwd2 engine (with its superior HUD.. so much less invading than bg2 one!) can handle with just a click in the quick bar!

What's strange to me is that looking from outside the biggest work has been already done (great job, realy!).. what's the problem now.. checking for characters having the inappropriate animation, wrong spawns, and quests that don't activate?

If someone wanted to do something in order to help this project without being able to program could he do something? I want to know since I am in no way able to script.. yet I would be more than willing to help in other ways of testing if possible..

Or is it some other problem that affect this project aside animation/spawn/quest/dialogues glitches?

« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 05:58:45 AM by cremo »

Offline coineineagh

• Planewalker
    • coineineagh's page
Re: This project must not die!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 08:21:46 AM »
If someone wanted to do something in order to help this project without being able to program could he do something? I want to know since I am in no way able to script
I think I did just that. Read my guide for details:
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/dl.php?s=IWD2&f=IWD2/IWD2-4dummies.zip
clever remark pending

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 02:37:11 PM »
As far as I remember one big problem was the handling of the NPC joining and leaving the party - something not possible in the IWD(2) engine, unfortunately!

Offline Ishad Nha

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 09:54:15 PM »
The IWG 2 Sorceror's Place Walkthrough tells you an easy way to handle joining:
"·   Currently, whenever a character joins your party it is "broken". If you try to save the game, the game will crash. If you try to use the NPC, its button bar will look weird.
·   Take that character, go to the record screen, say "Export" and export it. E.g., export Imoen to IMOEN.
·   Press "C" to start Character Arbitration. Click on Modify Characters. Delete your new NPC.
·   Click on that slot and say "Create". Import the NPC you just exported. Click through to finish.
·   Presto, it now works fine (except for the soundset).
·   If you have two broken NPCs at once (and you shouldn't if you're following these directions!) you must delete them both at the same time before going back to the game."

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: