Author Topic: Cheating Problems....  (Read 5680 times)

Malavon

Cheating Problems....
« on: September 30, 2010, 04:36:03 AM »
Hello this is my first ever post on any kind of forum. That said, I purchased BG2 Collectors Edition recently, played through SoA & ToB...very good games. Now I am looking to play through them again but found out that I could cheat a little bit. I want to use the Ctrl+8 or the Ctrl+Shift+8 to max my stats at the character generation screen, I dont care much for the other ones. I learned that I needed to first create a clean back-up of, and then edit,...my Baldur.ini file with either: "Debug Mode=1" under Program Options or use: "Cheats=1" under Game Options. I tried doing debug first without it doing anything, then I tried the cheats thing...no luck. Then outta desperation I tried both...natta. Then I restored my clean file and started again....nothing again. I also tried un-installing the game and re-installing it, that worked out perfectly but I still cant cheat....wtf? Frustrated to say the least. By the way? Dungeon-Be-Gone was a great idea

Please Help!

Offline guildmasterron

• Grandmaster of Guilds
  • Planewalker
  • PPG Mods Rule!
    • Philosophers Guild
Re: Cheating Problems....
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 10:46:51 AM »
You will be better off to just download an application called Shadowkeeper. You can then start a game, save it, then go out and open the saved game and change the stats accordingly.
Ron - Grandmaster of Guilds
D&D Player Extraordinaire

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
Re: Cheating Problems....
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 12:00:22 AM »
I put both Cheats=1 and Debug Mode=1 under Program Options and it always worked for me. But yeah, ShadowKeeper is easier, if all you want to do is character tweaking. Unless you've got to check variables periodically or hit CTRL-T to make a specific amount of time pass or something, you won't need much more.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: