Author Topic: Assertion error - help needed!  (Read 4123 times)

Offline Karen

• Planewalker
Assertion error - help needed!
« on: September 22, 2010, 01:58:58 PM »
I recently joined the forum and would greatly appreciate some help! After 5 failed attempts, I am finally playing BG1 in the BG2 engine. I have wanted to replay this game for years, but no longer have OS 9 so I was delighted at this development. The game seems fine so far, but I have run into the same error twice now, at the Cloak & Helm inn and the house North of Baldur's gate. When I try to enter the buildings i get the following code:

'An Assertion failed in chDimm.cpp at line number 847 Programmer says nDriveToReturn=0, ncdToLookFor=1."

I have no idea what this means, nor how to fix it - if it can be fixed. If not, does anybody know the x,y location inside the Inn? I don't really care about the farmer's house, but I would like to get into the Inn. I'm also worried that the error might show up again at an important junction.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,

Karen  :)

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
Re: Assertion error - help needed!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 12:16:54 AM »
'An Assertion failed in chDimm.cpp at line number 847 Programmer says nDriveToReturn=0, ncdToLookFor=1."
Eh... I have never seen that but it seems to suggest it needs the game CD in the drive.

For area codes, see here.

Offline Karen

• Planewalker
Re: Assertion error - help needed!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 01:02:16 PM »
Thanks for answering. I do have a disk in the drive, but it's a copy - I'll try it with the original disk and see if it makes a difference. And thanks for the list of area codes!

Karen :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: