Author Topic: Quests in Chapter 1  (Read 7893 times)

Balbs

Quests in Chapter 1
« on: August 24, 2010, 05:49:53 PM »
I posted in a wrong section, along with a question in the right section, so i took the wrong question to here its right place.  :-[

First: i got a quest named "Giant insects?" after i almost got drunk in the bar at Beregost...and couldn´t find a thing about..someone knows?Its said the farmers are complaining of something under the earth eating their cattle...i presumed it was Ankhegs, but i searched anywere and couldn´t find this question solved  :(, it´s like that doesn´t exist or i noticed something new  ;).Any inn that i drink any kind of beer, sometime he tells about it and give this quest.

Sec:The quests like "Xzar and montaron wishes me to take them to nashkel" or "Jaheira and Khalid....." never ends?Or when i have done everything in Nashkel i would gain xp for "solving" these tasks?

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
Re: Quests in Chapter 1
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 11:19:47 PM »
Are you playing with regular ol' BG1, or are you playing it through Tutu? It sounds like the latter.

First: In vanilla BG1, your Journal doesn't have separate sections. Anything & everything gets jotted down there, even if it's just random bar chatter. So just because it's written in the "Quests" section doesn't make it a "quest," even if the Tutu folks decided it works better there than in the "User" or "Done Quests" sections.

Sec: I've never played Tutu, so I don't know how diligent the authors were about moving items from "Quests" to "Done Quests." The vanilla BG1 Journal never erases itself at all, and I can see how this sort of thing could have been overlooked. BG1 is much more stingy with granting non-combat EXP than BG2 or especially ToB, so don't expect the party to gain EXP every time they turn around.

Balbs

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 09:55:00 AM »
Are you playing with regular ol' BG1, or are you playing it through Tutu? It sounds like the latter.

First: In vanilla BG1, your Journal doesn't have separate sections. Anything & everything gets jotted down there, even if it's just random bar chatter. So just because it's written in the "Quests" section doesn't make it a "quest," even if the Tutu folks decided it works better there than in the "User" or "Done Quests" sections.

Sec: I've never played Tutu, so I don't know how diligent the authors were about moving items from "Quests" to "Done Quests." The vanilla BG1 Journal never erases itself at all, and I can see how this sort of thing could have been overlooked. BG1 is much more stingy with granting non-combat EXP than BG2 or especially ToB, so don't expect the party to gain EXP every time they turn around.

I m playing EasyTutu, and its sepparated sections. When my char "thinks" about something, its writting in the journal normally, got the quests and done quests also

I understood what u told, but i m having doubts yet, was it really overlooked? The "Giant Insects?" quest isn´t real really?

Balbs

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 10:35:04 AM »
These are the quests clearly now:

"Giant Insects?" - "there may be some sort of large insect creatures causing problems to farmers in the region"
"Jaheira and Khalid" - They wish me to accompany them to nashkel
"Xzar and Montaron" - Wished me to travel to nashkel

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 12:38:07 PM »
Those insects are the ankhegs in the area north of the Friendly Arm Inn.

Balbs

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 01:23:42 PM »
Those insects are the ankhegs in the area north of the Friendly Arm Inn.

U got the xp for this quest?Reward and Done quest issue?

These are the quests clearly now:

"Jaheira and Khalid" - They wish me to accompany them to nashkel
"Xzar and Montaron" - Wished me to travel to nashkel

these quests ends and dissapears, without xp, and in done quests section there are nothing, as soon as you talk to the mayor in nashkhel!

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 01:36:58 PM »
U got the xp for this quest?Reward and Done quest issue?

The only quest involves finding the son of one of the farmers but there is some reward at the end.

these quests ends and dissapears, without xp, and in done quests section there are nothing, as soon as you talk to the mayor in nashkhel!

They are not really quests as such. These NPCs simply want to go to Nashkel within a certain amount of time. You are not meant to get any XP.

Balbs

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 07:34:31 PM »

The only quest involves finding the son of one of the farmers but there is some reward at the end.

They are not really quests as such. These NPCs simply want to go to Nashkel within a certain amount of time. You are not meant to get any XP.

The farmer`s son is another quest, Farmer Brun Son Missing something like that, but it´s not the quest i got, names are different, mine is in Beregost and this one is in the North of Arm Inn...ok that quests can be updated in different cities, but the name of them are different..im still searching =/

yeah i realized that, i just want to wipe the quests out from my journal, ilove see "Done quests" completed.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: