Author Topic: Updated Virtue mod for BG:EE  (Read 15108 times)

Offline Demon Neclord

• Planewalker
Updated Virtue mod for BG:EE
« on: December 05, 2012, 08:15:24 PM »
Is there going to be an updated Virtue mod for BG:EE and/or BG:EE 2? I really love the mod and would love to play it on these! Thanks and good work.

Offline Cahir

• Planewalker
Re: Updated Virtue mod for BG:EE
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 02:53:08 PM »
Hi,

Are there or were there any planes to update Virtue to EE? I tried it some time ago with BGT playthrough but it was utterly broken in BG1 part. But I really like the concept and would be pleased if I could use it in my future BG2EE game.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 01:02:18 AM »
Virtue is a BG2 mod, because it is tied to BG2 story and BG2 events. It should *never* be installed on BG1 games - only on BG2 ones.

That said, the only difference between BG2 and BG2EE are some item&kit descriptions/journal entries and small portrait sizes, so Virtue will keep working as long as you install it dead last, I expect. We'll have to wait, test and see.

Offline Cahir

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 06:35:46 AM »
Anyone tried to test Virtue on BG2EE? I'm really curious if it's working.

Offline Lord Kain

• "I was the 500th member on the old forgottenwars forum and all I got was this lousy title"
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 07:26:27 AM »
Anyone tried to test Virtue on BG2EE? I'm really curious if it's working.
No it doesn't some original edition mods are unable to detect Throne of Bhaal on the BG2EE and virtue is among them. So it can't currently be installed. Ascension has the same issue it doesn't recognize Throne of Bhaal is part BG2EE.
Now, at last, the masks had fallen away.  The strings of the puppets had become visible, and the hands of the prime mover exposed.  Most ironic of all was the last gift that Raziel had given me, more powerful than the sword that now held his soul, more acute even than the vision his sacrifice had accorded me - the first bitter taste of that terrible illusion:  Hope.

Offline Demon Neclord

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 05:27:01 PM »
Well they are currently working on Ascension now.. So perhaps if they can get it to work, maybe the same concept could be used to get Virtue to work as well.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: