Author Topic: PGNaliaRomanceActive is 3  (Read 15602 times)

Ineluki

PGNaliaRomanceActive is 3
« on: July 01, 2010, 08:27:18 PM »
I'm not sure how it exactly happened, but for some reason, my Nalia romance died at Lovetalk 25, the one about me seeing her as Nalia and not as Lady de'Arnise. Perhaps I misread an option or clicked too fast (my mouse has an irritating habit of double-clicking on single clicks, inconsistent but very common)...my PGNalia globals are below...is there a way to fix the romance?

PGNALIAFLIRTTIMER : 2960513

PGNALIAHASNODUNGEONSOUND : 0

PGNALIAINTJTHANKS1 : 1

PGNALIALOVETALK : 25

PGNALIALT14SET : 2

PGNALIALT14TIMER : 2612969

PGNALIAMATCH : 1

PGNALIAPCSUCKS : -1

PGNALIAROMANCEACTIVE : 3

PGNALIAROMANCELT2SET : 1

PGNALIAROMANCELT2TIMER : 2282925

PGNALIAROMANCETIMER : 2944004

PGNALIASPYINGREACTION : 2

PGNALIASTARTFLIRTSOA : 0

PS. If I'm missing any globals (I didn't do a thorough search in Shadowkeeper, just went straight to PGNalia), just ask and I'll post them. If this can be fixed by changing any of the above, please lemme know....I'd really hate to have to start over.

Oh, and one additional note....de'Arnise romance eventually forced me to choose between Nalia and Aerie...if there's a way to continue my Aerie romance too, the solution would be *highly* appreciated. I *really* like interactive parties who contribute more than just their spells and HP...silent party members are boooooooring.

Ineluki

Re: PGNaliaRomanceActive is 3
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 09:27:45 PM »
Apologies for the double-post, but if it's NOT possible to fix the romance by tinkering with the globals, I'd really appreciate a quick answer, since some of the lovetalks only occur during / after certain circumstances, so I can't really continue my adventure until either someone shows me how to fix it, or I find out it's irreparable.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 12:36:34 AM »
We don't know what might be wrong with your game, because there's not enough information. Have you been a good lord of the Keep(do peasants like you)? Is your reputation high? Are any of your other romances active, including other romance mods(because Crossmod Banter Pack kills off extra romances)? Check PGNaliaRomancePCBadGuy and PGNaliaRomanceBadRep.

This is what I can think of right away. If everything is "clean" - no other romance mods, no peasant revolution, no bad rep - just set PGNaliaRomanceActive back to 1 and continue playing. Might work.

As for playing several romances at once - yes, you can do that. Usually you need to this before installing the mod: find NPC's script in your NPCMOD/Scripts folder and carefully delete all blocks which have AerieRomanceActive/ViconiaromanceActive and so on in then. Then you install the mod(or re-install it, if you already have it installed). However, it is my position that this is neither recommended or supported, so if a player does that and has trouble later, we don't help out.

Ineluki

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 12:49:09 AM »
Ah! I apologize, I completely forgot the basics. Yes, I've treated her as best I can. Paid the merchant 1000 gold, plus spent 500 on mercs....I visit at the Keep at least once a week, also told her to close her door instead of peeping, etc. I do have the Amber mod, but I was checking Nalia's global every so often, and it was 1 until sometime after I left the Planar Sphere and had Lovetalk 25. My hunch is that I may have mis-read a conversation line or my mouse mis-clicked, thus pushing a bad line and breaking the romance, as everything was okey-dokey until I realized too late that the romance was dead and that I'd have to reload an ancient save and redo at least 3-4 hours of work to regain my current position.

Oh, and for mods...I'm running a Recommended BWP (v9? Was the latest version as of a few days ago) with a few minor adjustments, such as no TDD / SoS.

Ineluki

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 12:56:27 AM »
Eh....as for those globals you mentioned, PGNaliaRomanceBadRep and the other one....they "don't exist". I listed every single PGNalia global I have straight from Shadowkeeper in my first post, so if a global isn't listed there, then it's not part of my save game. Also, my rep's been a constant 20 since before I even got Nalia.

Note: Being unable to edit is a pain in the arse....lol.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 02:13:38 AM »
Then I think that setting her RomanceActive to 1 should do the trick, if Amber's romance is inactive. Good luck with that.

Ineluki

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 08:51:35 AM »
Alrighty, thanks a bunch....I'd thought about it, but I didn't know if Lovetalks affected the globals beyond Lovetalk / RomanceActive. I'll try it out once I'm awake enough to not screw anything up ^.^

Ineluki

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 09:36:21 AM »
Guh....the blasted global won't change, regardless of whether I change it using Shadowkeeper or CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("PGNaliaRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1).

Ineluki

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 09:40:05 AM »
Aha! Looks like PGNaliaPCsucks = -1 controls her attitude toward the PC....changing it to 0 allowed me to change PGNaliaRomanceActive to a number other than 3.

Ineluki

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 09:41:33 AM »
Guuuuh...PGNaliaRomanceActive reset to 3 after switching maps, even though PGNaliaPCSucks remained at 0....

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 09:51:48 AM »
Then it's something serious either with another romance or with something else, I'm afraid, if the script is setting it back to 3.

Ineluki

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 10:09:50 AM »
Tinkering with the various PGNalia globals didn't work either...she'd talk to me, then reset to 3 again.

Ah well, I'll just restart BG2 then, and keep a close watch on PGNaliaRomanceActive whenever I change zones. Probably gonna make a bunch of saves too, see if I can't pin down a bug or incompatibility. If this isn't my fault, I'd like to see it fixed, lol....

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 10:20:09 AM »
You might try using Near Infinity to search for scripts which affect PGNALIAROMANCEACTIVE (just searching scripts for that string will do it.) That should offer a clue as to who's sticking an oar in.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Ineluki

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 10:53:34 AM »
Couldn't hurt to try, I suppose...even if I don't even know what that is ^.^ <--- Fixes computers for a living, but knows nothing beyond QBasic in terms of scripting. I'll go DL it and give it a shot anyway, though.

Ineluki

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 11:02:30 AM »
Erk...I just realized I dunno which files to check >_> Everything's been gen-biffed, so I'm unsure whether to check them all (blegh ><) or what....

Ineluki

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 11:11:58 AM »
Gargh! M#Amber IS among the listed characters for breaking a romance....guh. That stinks....and might explain why Nalia suddenly ditched me....though she kept talking to me even after I slept with Amber....odd. Alrighty, I found the scripts that would kill the romance...I assume I can edit and save them still? I'd like to make it possible to romance Imoen / Aerie / Amber / Nalia all together, if possible. I assume I'd just have to remove those characters' NameRomanceActive checks from all the SetGlobal("PGNaliaRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3) scripts?

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 11:13:24 AM »
Biffing doesn't matter.

Near Infinity:

Search/Text Search/BCS . Enter the variable name in the text box, do not change any of the other options, press search.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Ineluki

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 11:18:20 AM »
Gargh. The scripts are found in Nalia.bcs, Nalia25.bcs, and Naliad.bcs, but it won't tell me the location of the file that's being used by the game...and a Search is showing multiple copies of each file in various Backup folders, such as D:\BGII - SoA\p5tweaks\backup\10 and D:\BGII - SoA\BG2_Tweaks\backup\4010.

Inelukii

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 01:30:38 PM »
Well, after much time poking around in the files, I can only arrive at one conclusion: the files containing the scripts must have been biffed from the override directory, thus making it impossible to edit later for someone of my meagre skill. I suppose I'll avoid gen-biff on my next BWP install and hope the game doesn't jerk around too much from having a 5 GB+ override folder so that I'll be able to mod the mods as needed...

me

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2024, 11:34:32 PM »
soooo i know this thread is a decade old, but i know of a method of fixing this issue (especially if you want to have multiple romances going like the heathen i am lol). all one has to do is go into the d'arnise folder and find the PGNalia.baf file, open it in notepad, and find the section that says something like Ending Romance Concurant. you'll see ABUNCH of stipulations that ruin the romance when having a romance with others. DELETE all of the stipulations that involve other romances until you see the next part // ending the romance because the MC sucks. leave that alone. basically delete all of the stipulations that would end the romance because of OTHER romances xD. i did it and she went STRAIGHT to talking to me again as if not missing a beat. i dont know if this mucks things up down the road. but this so far seems legit.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: