Author Topic: Problem With Mod  (Read 7188 times)

SpectralTime

Problem With Mod
« on: May 19, 2010, 10:24:40 PM »
Hello.  I've just started playing the game for the first time, and started it over once I found this mod and the tweak pack. 

Now, a small child (Myara, I think) approached my party after recruiting Aerie in the circus quest.  However, once he notices her in the party, either the dialogue abruptly stops or the game outright crashes.  I don't know how to fix this.

I used some of the non-cheating tweaks from the big Tweak Pack before installing it, such as the one that lets party members always be identified by other NPCs in dialogue, but I doubt that's the problem here as uninstalling the tweaks, reinstalling every component of Unfinished Business individually, and trying again didn't solve the problem.  Neither did going back to the inside of the circus tent to meet him again for the first time. 

In short, help!

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.  I will move it if I need to.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Problem With Mod
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 12:16:04 AM »
No idea, I'm afraid - I never tried this quest in full, but my guess would be uninstalling the offending component? It's probably Kalah's component.

Offline SpectralTime

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 12:12:47 AM »
And now the game mostly crashes whenever I enter the Copper Coronet.  Sigh.  What's causing that?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 12:26:37 AM »
That is a bad installation. Restore a clean install and take care to install mods one by one, again. Then you'll be okay. Also, if you've installed Fixpack, don't use UB's restored minor dialogs(read Fixpack readme for more info).
Info about clean backup here: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,17555

Offline month

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 12:03:17 PM »
Hello there. I have just finished the circus quest, and a little kid approaches me. The problem is that... no dialogue appears. I press 1 and the dialogue continues, then the npc's talk, but the dialogue still doesn't appear, I press 1 again and I am with a lamp that has no description. I will reinstall the ub, to see if it was a glitch.

Edit: Indeed a reinstall did it... I wonder if it was a one time glitch though.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 12:08:25 PM by month »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 12:32:25 PM »
Welcome to PPG! Glad to hear it worked all right. It's good to know this: when you are installing mods, make sure that your game or game-related utilities(including ShadowKeeper or other mod installers) aren't running in the background.

Offline month

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 02:13:20 PM »
Some time Lurker, before I decided to start posting. And of course I am a little bit overwhelmed here... I mean so many mods. If you install them all... disaster. Anyway, a stupid problem (installed the patch AFTER I decided to mod the game, making wonders to the dialogues) forced me to reinstall the game, and remod it. I hope the saves still work.

Randy

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 04:43:19 PM »
Simular problem; installed game, addons, npcs and then g3 tweakpack (I did NOT use UB's restore minor dialogs).  Problems is neither the little boy outside the circus nor Mayra (the little girl with the lamp) spawn after I exit.  exact instal order was SoA, soa bonus pack, tob, tob patch, g3 fixpack v.9, dungeon be gone, divine remix v7, improved horn of vahalla, item pack 1.3, item upgrade v.37, tower of deception, teleport spell, viconia frienship, imoen friendship, yoshima friendship, shadowkeeper, Encounters, Vampire Tales, Banter pack, IEP Banter Pack, Flirt pack, Quest Pack, Ninde, Yasraena, Unfinished Business, and G3 Tweakpack v.9.  
Have reloaded 3 times now and get this bug 3 out of 4 times. Any ideas? Cause atm Im thinking it might be UB.  

Offline Waukeen

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 02:31:37 PM »
I have a similar problem with this as well. However I'm not sure if it is the same issue. Upon exiting the tent after killing Kalah, Myara approaches me and initiates dialogue. I can't remember the exact text off the top of my head, but she essentially asks for help. When you reply she says that she traveled with the circus, and asks Aerie if she recognizes her. After that dialogue terminates, nothing else happens. I don't know if that is actually a glitch, but there is no conclusion to that conversation. It would be incredibly helpful if someone could tell me if there is indeed more to that segment.

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 01:50:07 PM »
After that dialogue terminates, nothing else happens. I don't know if that is actually a glitch, but there is no conclusion to that conversation. It would be incredibly helpful if someone could tell me if there is indeed more to that segment.
It is odd how that dialogue is set up (file u!kgirl.d). You have to have Anomen and/or Minsc in the party to get the full dialogue.

As for spawning, she only appears if Kalah is dead, as far as I can tell.

Offline Waukeen

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 11:33:15 PM »
Well I had Minsc in my party at the time, what I am wondering is if there is indeed dialogue after her line, "You recognize me missus Aerie?", or if that is just how it ends.

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 12:06:52 AM »
Yes, there's more. I'm not sure the CHAIN in that file I mentioned is compiling properly though.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: