Author Topic: Level 7 Char. w/ Windows 7?  (Read 3936 times)

Atlas

Level 7 Char. w/ Windows 7?
« on: May 07, 2010, 09:01:34 PM »
Hello!  I have successfully installed Easytutu on windows 7 (I was quite surprised; it didn't work the first 2 times for me...).  I installed character mods like Gavin, the NPC mod that gives more interjections, and the widescreen mod. My only problem is that my character starts off at level 7 at the beginning of the game.  When I selected a pre-character instead of creating one, the character was the proper level (and showed the -1 exp. on the dialogue/feedback area).  While this isn't a big problem, or a game-breaking one, I would like to start off the "right" way; I feel like I'm cheating starting off so high.  Is there anything I can do to get the characters to be the proper level?

PS: I also noticed that Imoen (and probably the other NPC's, though I didn't experiment that far) was at level 7, too.

Thanks so much!

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• The Imp.
  • Planewalker
    • website jocuri
Re: Level 7 Char. w/ Windows 7?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 12:23:21 AM »
Well, to conform this diagnose, you would actually have to post the setup-bg1Tutu.debug file if you installed the bg1Tutu... I don't know about the EasyTutu...
But I am pretty sure the BGMain.exe was not patched right, so if you would like to do it yourself, you need the archive I have attached into here, extract it to the game folder, run the file and set the number to 1...

Now, you of course have to have the UAC turned off(during the installation or launch the program as the Administrator) and the game needs to be in the non-Program Files sub-folder, for the patching to actually take effect...
Imoen is that level because the player character is that level, as are a lot of the other NPCs in the game... that's original BG1 game behavior.

Thresuin

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 11:53:33 PM »
I am having a problem similar to the OP. I've tried your solution, though unfortunately every time I try running the program I get an error message "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: A file is missing or invald". I really appreciate your help with this issue.

Thresuin

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 10:19:17 AM »
Ugh, I feel stupid now >< Sorry to bug you about it.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 10:56:25 AM »
No, no - no need to feel stupid - and you didn't bug anyone. Glad it is resolved :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: