Author Topic: Real Game Title?  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Waurdon

• Planewalker
Real Game Title?
« on: February 15, 2010, 10:44:19 AM »
I have a quite odd request, maybe this forum category is the right to post it:

The Baldur's Gate Series most of the time start with Baldur's Gate first, then the different sub-titles e.g. Shadows of Amn.
However sometimes I have found Forgotten Realms first, but that seems to me a too long title to use even if it is correct.

For some reason Imdb uses Forgotten Realms on some games but not all even if that would be more correct. I think myself they should omit the Forgotten Realms from the main title, rather place it in the alternate title section. When one wants to change titles on Imdb they of course want the Title Card from the game for evidence.

Perhaps this could be extracted in some easy way from the game folder, but I'm not sure, maybe using Near Infinity.

Any Ideas?

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Re: Real Game Title?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 01:38:28 PM »
Originally I had the 6 CD version of Baldur's Gate on which it said "The Forgotten Realms: Baldur's Gate". I found this rather strange but it is the only place I have ever seen it. For some reason including the name of the setting caught on with Torment, which people tend to call Planescape: Torment. IMDB is the only place I have seen where Forgotten Realms in included.

Offline Waurdon

• Planewalker
Re: Real Game Title?
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 03:03:53 PM »
Interesting. I have been trying for some weeks now to update some the game info adding some voice actors and characters including John H. Mayer who for some reason wasn't credited as narrator for Baldur's Gate 2 but Throne of Bhaal. I actually found some voice samples of him reading in some audio books.

The staff on Imdb seem to use the first title provided and it's hard to convince them otherwise, responds usually take a week or two.

Possibly I will be able to provide them a link of the game title card in the future if I find some easy way get the game intro picture.

(OT: I also added the entry for NWN: Hordes of the Underdark, some seven years late, quite tedious work, lucky me that they didn't required the budget info for the game or it wouldn't have been added).

Edit: Some insignificant changes.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 05:11:59 AM by Waurdon »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: