Author Topic: Which party is most fun?  (Read 2421 times)

PetrusOctavianus

Which party is most fun?
« on: December 28, 2009, 09:05:43 PM »

My party currently consists of Korgan, Keldorn, Viconia, Jan and Edwin and I'm about to rescue Haer d'Alis.
Who should I ditch to get the most fun?
Keldorn is the most likely candidate since his alignment is at odds with the rest of the group, but he's a very useful and interesting character and I have lots of 2H Swords only he can wield convincingly.
So I'm leaning towards ditching Korgan since I've already done his quest, and with Keldorn, Haer and my Berserker I have a good front rank.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Which party is most fun?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 12:19:32 AM »
It'll always be your call. But Keldorn and Viconia won't work together eventually. Not spoiling, but keep it in mind.

PetrusOctavianus

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 12:33:07 AM »
It'll always be your call. But Keldorn and Viconia won't work together eventually. Not spoiling, but keep it in mind.

I ended up dumping Korgan for the time being. But I like that heartless, greedy old bastard, so I'll probably recruit him again after doing Haer's quest. I have got the impression that Keldorn, Viconia and Jan together can be fun. And also Korgan and Mazzy are reputed to have a good "chemistry". So what I'm really looking for is more advice on the most "fun" party combos.
And I don't mind characters duking it out - when in doubt who to chose it's a convient way to use the survival of the fittest method to decide to stays, at least for a Neutral character.

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 10:49:35 PM »
I don't mind characters duking it out - when in doubt who to chose it's a convient way to use the survival of the fittest method to decide to stays.
Not always the wisest way to run a party, unless of course you don't mind playing through 75% of the game with a group that has no Thief (or insert other critical party role here).

PetrusOctavianus

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 12:47:59 AM »
I don't mind characters duking it out - when in doubt who to chose it's a convient way to use the survival of the fittest method to decide to stays.
Not always the wisest way to run a party, unless of course you don't mind playing through 75% of the game with a group that has no Thief (or insert other critical party role here).

Well, most characters can be replaced.
There are at least four Thieves - Imoen, Yoshi, Nalia and Jan. I prefer Jan since he's hillarious ("take that, turnip hating scum!") and his custom bolts can be very effective.
In my current game I have problems keeping Haer alive thanks to low HP and weak AC (-2), and his bodycount, even with 3 APR, is very unimpressive, so I'll probably replace him with Korgan.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: