Author Topic: Need Advice  (Read 2426 times)

Offline Gypruzz

• Planewalker
Need Advice
« on: December 05, 2009, 08:31:02 AM »
Hello there, everyone. Recently I wanted to play BG1 and TotSC again after some years, but I also wanted to fix all the few bugs of the game, and maybe install some minor tweaks...

So after installing the official patch "5512.exe" I searched the web for something useful, and I found your interesting Mod  :)

But before installing it, I read somewhere that also the "Baldurdash fixpack" and the "dudley fixes 1 - 2 - 3" are recommended... So now I want to ask you, should I install them?

And before or after BG1UB??

And somewhere I also read that the "dudley fixes 1" had some mistakes, like some spells or scrolls which don't work with the pack, and something else...

Also, about the BG1UB, I read in this forum that some fixes like the one with Coran and the Wyverns don't work...
Should I install them no matter what?

Thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT: also, what should I install to remove the XP cap??
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 08:35:26 AM by Gypruzz »

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
Re: Need Advice
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 06:08:54 PM »
As far as I know, both Baldurdash Fixpack and Dudleyfixes are quite old and use a mod-unfriendly way of patching the game. However, they do work, and you can use them if you wish. If you do use them, make sure that they are installed first because of their mod-unfriendly nature. Then install BG1UB and other WeiDU-based mods.

If you would like a more up-to-date version of a fixpack, you could try the BGFixpack. I am not sure how stable this is and you may need to get advice on that. The link is http://sasha-altherin.webs.com/baldursgatefixpack.htm

I am vaguely familiar with how Dudley fixes work. Based on my knowledge, there are a few mistakes in the Dudley fixes, which would remain in the current version since the fixes are no longer being worked on. I am not sure about the specifics though.

The latest version of BG1UB should have fixed every issue mentioned on the forums thus far.

For XP cap, try google first. :)

Offline Gypruzz

• Planewalker
Re: Need Advice
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 07:27:39 AM »
Thank you, Ascension64. In the end I only installed BG1UB, and it's working really fine, I'm in chapter 5 now. Thanks again.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: