Author Topic: I bought them.  (Read 2793 times)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
I bought them.
« on: November 30, 2009, 04:43:55 PM »
The novelizations of SOA and TOB were on the clearance rack at a local used book store.

I bought them.

I'm sure the $2 was far too much, but it seemed like the kind of thing I was simply supposed to do.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
Re: I bought them.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 05:10:20 PM »
Oh, god. Drew (of Mass Effect fame) wrote the ToB book, and I've never heard anything about it; it may have been worth the $2 (as a book, not an adequate mirror of the game; although, with ToB, who knows: it could turn out to be better!).

Of course, the horrors of the original probably outweigh the SoA novelization (I don't specifically recall anyone surviving past BG/TotSC novel to actually deride the sequel, so you may have the honors of being the first to talk shit).

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 12:18:26 AM »
Woo-hoo! You did it!

I started reading it, but after they killed Xan, it just wasn't worth it. :( I mean, there are some really, really bad books out there. BG1/BG2 novels may even not be the worst of the lot. Um, I think. So, congratulations! I hope you won't run out of books so badly as to actually read these, though. :)

Offline Eleima

• Planewalker
  • Be warned! Stickler for spelling & continuity =*)
    • My Fanfiction.net
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 03:04:18 AM »
BG1/BG2 novels may even not be the worst of the lot. Um, I think.
I haven't read everything that's out there, but when it comes to the BG novelizations...  They make me feel kinda queasy, they're that bad.  I believe there are fan fictions out there which surpass in quality the "canon" BG novels.  But then again, that's just me. :)
Um... (try to) enjoy!
Check out my DeviantArt account<br />as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net[/font]

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 03:38:17 AM »
Indeed. I'd mention some good BG novelizations(A Girl without a Name, In the Cards, Sunrise, Fury, Baldur's Gate by Vegetius, A Fragment of Substance, Hopelessly Ever After and others), but as some of them involve Xan, I'd better shut up.

Offline Eleima

• Planewalker
  • Be warned! Stickler for spelling & continuity =*)
    • My Fanfiction.net
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 03:44:22 AM »
My favorites also include Xan, most times! :D  If I had to name a few, I'd name Hopelessly Ever After by Arabellaesque, Destiny by Nazzymcc (no Xan, but it ahs Kelsey!! :) ) and The Story of a Girl Without a Name by Dorotea.
Check out my DeviantArt account<br />as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net[/font]

Offline CoM_Solaufein

• CoM Founder
  • Planewalker
  • War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength
    • Chosen of Mystra
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 04:13:10 AM »
To this day I'm confused as to why they didn't become best sellers.