Author Topic: List of Romance Events or Walkthrough?  (Read 14470 times)

Offline Ming-Ming

• Planewalker
List of Romance Events or Walkthrough?
« on: January 31, 2010, 08:45:44 PM »
I hope this isn't counted as asking for spoilers, but I've downloaded, installed, and played about half of this mod once, prior to a HD crash sometime ago.  I have heard this romance can be a bit slow, but I was already wondering if I had done something wrong (due to installations, not choices), because my romance never seemed to really go any farther after getting Burwoods amulet/bauble thingie, and I had already made it all the way into the Underdark and Ust Natha.    I had gotten through a great deal of the Lovetalks, and based on what the Read Me says, I think I had gotten the following:

• * LT4: Only occurs after Lord de'Arnise's funeral (which the PC must agree to attend!)
  • * LT10: Only occurs on rest after a "long day."
  • * LT12: Occurs on waking, but not after the LT10 rest
  • * LT14: Occurs after rescuing Nalia from Isaea
  • * LT22: Occurs in a city zone
  • * LT26: Occurs in a city zone
  • * LT34: Occurs after completing the entire Burwood-related quest

I had finished Burwood well before leaving for Spellhold, so I wasn't sure what else was supposed to happen, but I went about taking my time gathering gold and doing Aran Linvail's bidding before I finally decided I could delay no longer.  

Now I am going to be starting a fresh game again, and I'd like to play this mod and really enjoy it all through the end, however, I was wondering does anyone have a slightly more detailed "walkthrough" or brief list of events (both the regular ones, and the ones Jcompton added in) that I ought to be aware before considering my game broken?  Maybe a timetable of how long one can reasonably expect before something should be kicking in?

Thanks for any help and assistance on this!  :-)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: List of Romance Events or Walkthrough?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 12:22:53 AM »
The romance is quite long, yes. Make sure it's active: your reputation is high, your Keep is still yours, there are no other romances running(and no Phaere encounter), and you haven't offended her. The variables are

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("PGNaliaRomanceActive","GLOBAL")
If it's 3, your romance is dead.
CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("PGNaliaNotSpeaking","GLOBAL")
If it's 1, you should talk to her and ask forgiveness.
CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("PGNaliaLoveTalk","GLOBAL")
If/when it's 65, the romance is over in a good sense - you've had all SoA talks.

persocom01

Re: List of Romance Events or Walkthrough?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 03:52:16 AM »
Many romances don't advance in the underdark due to the somewhat unsafe nature of the place. Your companions won't banter among other things. To advance dialogues regularly visit the silver dragon cave between quests to allow your party some breathing time.

And on the mod itself, I found it excellent, well at least the SoA part. (not into ToB yet) It's slightly different from bioware romances in the sense that the banters are longer and there are more dialogue options than 3. (normally for bioware dialogue there's a good, a neutral and an evil option) When I went to get vengence for Burwood though one of the mages (I think it was Isea's mage tutor) seemed to be a little confused and started attacking his comrades. I threw 2 cloudkills into the room and closed the door, and he kept casting nasty spells at his allies. I'm not sure what causes this, (perhaps other mods) but it's a minor problem. Otherwise the romance was written pretty well in my opinion.

It also doesn't work with the multiple romance mod. Nalia romance is set to 3 whenever a bioware romance is set to 2 or you don't choose to side with Nalia when they argue. To rectify this you have to use the shadowkeeper. An easy way to see if your romance with Nalia is stil active in game is to flirt with her.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: