Author Topic: Mod Idea and Mission Statement - a kickass evil warrior!  (Read 3972 times)

Offline derp

• Planewalker
Mod Idea and Mission Statement - a kickass evil warrior!
« on: October 21, 2009, 01:30:37 PM »
So I have been replaying BG2 for the umpteenth time. I played, as always when I like to fuck shit up, an evil party.

I got bored. Evil parties have the choice of 3 bioware NPCs, and then Valen. This leaves one slot free for Jan or someone who likes to be corrupted
into being evil or insane like Anomen.

And even then, the only viable choice for CHARNAME's class is to be some kind of tank, to fill the minimum of 2 tanks for a proper party in BG2.

The game clearly lacks some evil NPCs, that are good at being hit and taking damage. Korgan alone can hardly fill the gap, when you face the average high-level party.

The only usable evil NPCs are either pure thieves, assassins or that one bard, whose name I forgot. For once, I would like to play an all-evil party with me being a wild mage or sorceror, a gnomish one at that, and not be slaughtered horribly, because nobody can be everywhere at the same time.

Since I have a liking for the undead as well, but am bored out of my mind that there are only vampires as playable characters, after some thinking this character dawned on me:

Name: Hans (or some other, not-so-exotic name)
Class: Fighter
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Stats: (to be discussed. I like powergaming. he will be something awesome.)
Weapon Proficiencies: Halberds. There is no good halberd user in the game!

Personal History: When Hans you ask Hans about where he came from, he thinks for a moment, then opens up his hand, expecting some payment in exchange for his story. Reluctantly, you give him a few gp, and his face brightens up as he starts telling it. Born from somewhere in the slums of Athkatla, the son of an abusive whore and her pimp, he had to learn to fend for himself since he was a young child. In doing so, he learned eventually that everyone has his price. Everyone. No exceptions. This realization has been his sole principle ever since.

Hans was a classical streetkid, helping older kids and the local thieves that used them in the black lotus trade, in exchange for nice monetary rewards that helped him to survive. When he grew older, he was recruited into a gang himself, and became a fulltime dealer for the shadow thieves. Until he got busted and sent to prison for a few years. Amnish law is in such matters quite strict, when truly enforced.

In prison, Hans was on his own and got roughed up by the guards and his fellow inmates on a daily basis. This treatment made him, who had been spit upon for all his life by anyone he ever met, go over the edge. He started daily weight training to get pumped and in due time started paying back the injustice he felt imposed on him. he became a formidable opponent for anyone, even the most sturdy prison guards.

Impressed, because muscle is always needed to keep unruly inmates who smuggle potions of frost giant strength inside at bay, he was offered a job in the penal system once he finished his term.

Of course he never truly broke with his former compadres, and has been gaming the system from day one. Making sure Opponents of his friends got a little surprise in their dinners, making life for his incarcerated friends as easy as pie and all the while keeping his hands open.

When he sees CHARNAME free Viconia from the fanatics, he told himself "Man, I could really make some bucks out of this" and approached the party (to rat them out at every possible instance in hope of a nice reward).

So much for the history.

I would expect treachery everywhere he went, with various enemies of various strengths to be summoned, if he does not get enough payment from CHARNAME or CHARNAME fails to intimidate him properly. He also likes to leave in such situations in a bond-villainesque manner, and acts all surprised when you find him in his house at the slums. He will beg then to "please forgive me! it was not my fault! I just cannot control my actions! My childhood traumas!" until you either kill him or let him join again.

Now the kicker, which will make this mod stand out from the others:

If you decide to drag him around long enough and put up with his treachery and annoyance, you will be able to turn him into a skeleton warrior as revenge. This will be done via a scroll that is found in that one small round tomb in the graveyard district, where the mummies are inside. These things are to happen before you get to spellhold. I am thinking of the scroll requiring a victim to be at least at level 15, so the transformation can be survived. Used earlier than that, it is just a permanent death spell.

As a skeleton warrior, Hans will be telepathically linked to you and your mindless slave. So you need a high INT to be able to control him and have him not just stand around or attack you. He will have the usual drawbacks and weaknesses of every other skeleton warrior.

Of course, having a skeleton warrior run around with you, will give you a few problems: Merchants and especially innkeepers will freak out, and only can be calmed down with some persuasion. Be that money or dialogue options.

Bonus features will include:

A new use for the human skin found at the tanner to make Skeleton Hans a suit!

Banter of course with each and everyone!

Less banter than mods that try to take control of your game!

Finally, some more Valen interjections and Banter!

Valen will react if Hans gets turned into a Skeleton!

Valen will react if CHARNAME gets turned into some undead creature! (as per the mortis mod for example)

Lots of braindead groaning and mumbling by Hans!

Tree of Life groans and TOB groans and bone jittering too!

Some more undead hunters!

Paladins will hate you even more!

Blood and carnage whereever you go!

No Ye Olde English!

If you dont support me in this awesome idea, I will just go somewhere else and do these things on my own. ETA for this mod to be released by myself is one year. I will go and make notes as I play along and get more and more annoyed with just having Valen and CHARNAME as the only proper dead people to play with. Then, once all the dialogue is complete, I will get into implementing my ideas into the gameworld. This will take the longest, as I still would have to learn how to do this.

The above text and the resulting work are licensed as CC-BY-NC-SA http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

Thanks!

Edit 2: Yes I know there is Ariena as well. With some digging, I even might find existing, usable characters somewhere to disprove my statements. I just chose to ignore them for the sake of this argument, as I dislike the concept half-orcish women that you cannot romance.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:09:45 PM by derp »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: