Author Topic: No Valid Replies or Links  (Read 3633 times)

Offline Fonzie37

• Planewalker
No Valid Replies or Links
« on: September 04, 2009, 07:34:20 PM »
Just wondering if anyone can help me out with this problem.

So anyway, I've installed some mods, figuring that I can have a whole new experience with BG2, since it's the greatest game ever. Problem is, that I wanted a magic-using license. No problem, right? Just go fork over 5000 gold to Corneil in the Government Building, and it's done! Wrong. This time around, when I get him to tell me "how to be licensed to use magic", he replies with the usual "Well, for one, you must make a monetary sacrifice....", however, there is only one dialog option: NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS is written in red like a dialog choice. When I click it, it ends the conversation. Also, the "Continue" button at the bottom to advance dialog is replaced with the beginning of his last sentence, namely: "Well, for one, you must make a monetary...." then it cuts off.

I have NEVER run into this problem in the years I've spent playing the game. I believe it's one of the mods I've installed. They are as follows:

Quest Pack
Unfinished Business
Kelsey
DungeonBeGone
Virtue

Important to note is that Jasper never showed in Irenicus's Dungeon, but I just kept going.

Any advice?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: No Valid Replies or Links
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 01:05:38 AM »
Restore a clean install and do the mods again, one by one? Like here: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=17555
Because it seems your installation isn't working.
Oh, and make sure that Virtue is installed dead last.
When the game begins, wait for the first automatic save(after your first dialogue with Imoen) - Jasper should turn up then.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: