Author Topic: Tried CLUA Viconia Romance Still Wont Work Read Please...  (Read 14105 times)

Justin

Ok First off Male Half Orc everywhere I read said that was ok, only reason I picked Half Orc...

Viconia NEVER initiates dialog with me I'm still in chapter 2 but im over a week into the game probably 8 hours or so... Done Kidnaped Boo Quest all the other NPCs talk to each other Jaharia has talked to me once, but i Didnt keep her in the party that long... Kito wont shut up lol...

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("ViconiaRomance","Global") and other one both say set at 1 (I have also properly set it to 2,1 with clua) my problem seems to be that the counter never moves down or maybe the dialog is deleted? Ive also edited it in shadow keeper same result...

Mods running in order of installation
1)NPC Flirt Pack
2)Kito
3)BG2 Quest Pack
4)Unfinished Buisness

I looked around alot before I posted I hope some one can help...

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Tried CLUA Viconia Romance Still Wont Work Read Please...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 12:49:16 AM »
You shouldn't set variables with clua console, unless you know what you are doing. I'm afraid it's possible you have to start another game.

There're two ways this can go(save beforehand!):

1) In your current game, pause, and open console:
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ViconiaMatch","GLOBAL",1)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ViconiaRomance","GLOBAL",1)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ViconiaRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime(99999)

2) Viconia won't romance Half-orcs, unless you have G3 Fixpack installed: http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2fixpack/ - but you should first uninstall your mods or restore a clean install as per this topic: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,17555 - because fixpack should be installed first.

Justin

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 12:03:05 PM »
Fix pack worked perfectly thank you for your help! No need to start new game!! =]

As for CLUA I read through a bunch of forums on how to fix Viconias romance and found the exact CLUA commands (sorry if my laziness in typing made it appear that I didn't know what I was doing). I tried to find the solution on my own instead of spaming message boards and only wrote when I couldn't make any of the other solutions work... It's wierd that I never saw that half-orcs needed the fix patch to be romanced as that was the first thing I thought i checked.

Either way thanx again!

Strike

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 09:40:59 PM »
Hi, thanks for the tips and command lines - helped.
Anyway, I wouldn't recommend messing with the <Name>Romance variable unless you feel it's absolutely necessary. I am playing male elf archer on BG2:ToB with the latest patch and bugfixes and the values of these variables no longer match those described here and in the Romancing guide (low numbers, and the odd/even mechanism thingy). They are, like, 961614 and 1169361 so I really wouldn't try to manually change them if you don't know their meaning. If you do, feel free to explain ;-)

I had Jaheira and Aerie romances rolling and Viconia wouldn't start - so I just set ViconiaMatch to 1 and voila! :-)
No need to mess with anything else. Now I got all three romancing - see how that figures out... :-D

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: