Author Topic: NPCs stuttering, but no saves go that far back  (Read 3485 times)

Offline Ray192

• Planewalker
NPCs stuttering, but no saves go that far back
« on: July 07, 2009, 12:37:10 PM »
So I'm at the vale of shadows, and a few of my characters are stuttering (that is, they keep losing the commands I give them every couple of seconds). Too bad my gave autosaved after they started to do so. So I know you're supposed to reload, but is there any way to fix this when you can't go to a pre-stutter save?

Oh and by keeping the protagonist in the first slot, do you mean keep the protagonist in the leadership position?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: NPCs stuttering, but no saves go that far back
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 01:26:34 PM »
Hello, and welcome to PPG.

First slot is first slot as when you're importing/exporting. As for the stutter, it shouldn't happen - try talking to your characters, and also selecting each in turn and pressing K key.

If this fails, send me your game via e-mail(zip your save game subfolder) to kulyok,
at yandex.ru

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 01:28:49 PM »
Also, find the file Weidu.log and please post its contents here - it opens via Notepad,

Offline Ray192

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 02:49:14 PM »
Here's my WeiDU log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Assorted Fixes
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Weapon Animation Tweaks
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Icon Improvements
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // Add Bags of Holding
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Universal Clubs
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2021 // Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2061 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer)
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Druids Use 3e Alignment Restrictions (NG, LN, TN, CN, NE)
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Loosen Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dualclass Clerics and Druids
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2182 // Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters -> Arcane & Divine Magic
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Identify All Items
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3120 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)
~IU_IWD/SETUP-IU_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Upgrade for Icewind Dale
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #100 // Malavon's Golems: v2
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #200 // Expanded Guello/Beorn Quest: v2
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #400 // Presio's Duel: v2
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #500 // Orrick's Rhino Beetle Shield: v2
~AB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Auril's Bane Core Files
~AB.TP2~ #0 #3 // Grog's IWD Fixes
~AB.TP2~ #0 #5 // Level 40 Rules Pack
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // IWD NPC, v2
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Alternate class for Korin - multiclass cleric/ranger

I'll send an email soon. Thanks a lot!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 03:11:57 PM »
Okay, cool, got it. It's midnight here, but I checked your saved game. It seems there's nothing wrong with Holvir(and with other guys and gals) on my computer. That is, their IWD NPC scripts isn't giving them any trouble.

However, when I played BG2 game, sometimes Anomen or Viconia or someone else kept stopping(not every two seconds, but, maybe, two times a minute?), and I had to remind them to keep moving. That was annoying, yes.
If that's the case, try changing path nodes in your Icewind.ini:
Path Search Nodes=32000
(under [Program Options])

I'm going to bed now; if you've still questions, I may try and answer tomorrow, but this is all I have.

Offline Ray192

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 08:55:31 PM »
Hmm, the problem just went away after a while. Well, thanks for your efforts! I appreciate it.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: