Author Topic: A few quick and simple questions....  (Read 2815 times)

Offline MrHell

• Planewalker
A few quick and simple questions....
« on: June 09, 2009, 05:38:22 AM »
After reading all the 'keep party together' and 'stop often' messages, I'm kind of worried it's going to screw up. The last thing I want to have to do is to search around on this forum and annoy people until I find the right console codes to reset this or that romance variable or to continue whatever dialogue tree I'm in.

So basically:

1. When keeping the party in visual/aural range of each other, does that mean walls of a dungeon will block potential dialogues?
2. If the characters do move apart from one another, during a battle for example, will that break the dialogues?
3. How will I know if I've screwed something up or missed some of the dialogues?
4. Will the NPC's comment during TotLM?

Or should I just not worry about any of this, and wait for IWD in BG2 version?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: A few quick and simple questions....
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 06:11:11 AM »
Don't worry about all this: you can play IWD for IWD-HoW(with or without TotLM) quite well. :)

One thing is certain: you will not miss dialogues. Ever. (The only way you may miss dialogues is if your party members are going to be dead half the time, and it's not going to happen, of course).

What the readme means to say:
- if Teri is in one end of the dungeon, and Severn is in another, their conversation will happen as soon as they return to the same room(same screen, roughly);
- if Nella is battling Yuan-Ti, she will talk to you after the battle is over, and you see no enemies;
- if your party is moving through the area non-stop, Korin will talk to Holvir as soon as you stop the party.

These are just examples. But, yes, everything's going to be fine. And, yes, the mod's got a lot of dialogue and interjections for TotLM. I hope you won't be disappointed.

(IWD-in-BG2 conversion is not ready yet, so I'd just go and play simple IWD-HoW-TotLM with IWD NPC and Widescreen mod(if you need it) - it'll work, promise).

Offline MrHell

• Planewalker
Re: A few quick and simple questions....
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 08:18:09 AM »
I'll go and install them right away, thanks for such a quick reply!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: