Author Topic: Unable to access ToB  (Read 7206 times)

Stephanie

Unable to access ToB
« on: June 01, 2009, 11:04:47 PM »
When starting the game, it asked for a play disk and I inserted ToB. The game accepted that and showed the soa/tob/quit page, but when I click to start ToB, it gives me the message that there is no disk in the drive and asks for the play disk. This didn't happen when I tried to play SoA, or when I played ToB immediately after installing it.

I'm not sure Ascension is what is causing this, but this is the only mod installed so far (aside from easytutu and various mods for that). Both SoA and ToB are full installs, and none of the disks are copies or bootlegs or anything. Here's my WeiDU log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Unable to access ToB
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 12:07:01 AM »
Ascension shouldn't influence it normally, no. I've no idea what causes this, though, if your CD drive is okay, your CD reads properly and your operating sistem is Windows XP. I hope someone else will have more to say. Maybe trying Soa->ToB in the meantime is worth it?

Stephanie

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 12:16:51 AM »
Thanks! I've been hunting through bioware's support boards, but haven't found anything relevant yet.

Actually, my OS is vista.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 12:27:47 AM »
Oh, this might be very imprtant - it's probably the core of your issue. My advice would be posting on Bioware boards, as well, and mentioning(maybe even in the topic title) that you've got Vista. Most likely, you'll get good advice in an hour or two.

Or wait if someone appears here - it's also an option. Good luck!

Offline Da_venom

• Planewalker
  • No one escapes death
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 09:08:45 AM »
some questions too clarify this..

you tried soa+tob vanilla? if both things work correctly then it must be a modding thing if not you might have some scratches on disc or something but assuming u have soa+tob installed i don't think is the problem

and assuming u installed TUTU wouldn't that mean you cannot play TOB(at least not via the normal TOB launcher)

but u must start it via the TUTU one

Stephanie

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 12:47:43 PM »
Yep, tried both SoA and ToB vanilla. Though that was immediately after installing, with the option to launch the game on the last page of the installer, which might change things, idk.

I don't think tutu touches ToB, it doesn't even require that ToB be installed. In any case, there's nothing in the tutu menu that would take me to ToB, or that references BG2 at all.

Offline Leomar

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 09:00:10 PM »
Here I've something for Vista users from Jarno:

Don't know if this helps, but... you'll need all these, when running on Vista.
1) When modding(installing mods into) the game, the UAC needs to be off.
2) Install the game to some other directory than the default Program Files directory. (or you can't remove the Read-only flag)
3) When the game is installed, patched and started one time (both games), and made a new game so it autosaves, to set the configurations and so on to have a clear save and other stuff... you need to turn off the Read-only function from the game directory options, one time, even though the flag stays on the directory options, it actually means nothing... (would at least be my guess.)

Greetings Leomar

Offline Da_venom

• Planewalker
  • No one escapes death
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 01:20:49 PM »
Yep, tried both SoA and ToB vanilla. Though that was immediately after installing, with the option to launch the game on the last page of the installer, which might change things, idk.

I don't think tutu touches ToB, it doesn't even require that ToB be installed. In any case, there's nothing in the tutu menu that would take me to ToB, or that references BG2 at all.

well seems to work with vanilla then:)

then try leomar's post

since i'm not an vista expert:)
^^

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: