Author Topic: IWD TUTU  (Read 4235 times)

Offline Danest

• Planewalker
IWD TUTU
« on: November 04, 2010, 10:00:36 PM »
Apparently there's a tutu mod that allows IWD 1 to be played with IWD 2 rules (full 3E.) I'm assuming this npc mod won't work for that?  Too bad... :(  it drives me nuts to play with 2E clerics (and I never really liked dual classing but that's a nitpick) -- but once I played clerics capable of sacrificing their memorized spells on the fly, for a healing spell of the same level, I found it hard to go back to 2E clerics.  3E means my cleric can still be a full healer, but not clog his spell list with nothing but healing in order to be a full healer.  I don't suppose there will be an update? ;)

Also, I'm wondering about a mod for party order.  It's extremely tough to play a mage who has to walk at the head of the party -- death so often follows every time there's a loaded new area or a cutscene, following by a chopping of the mage who's suddenly at the head of the party.  Maybe a variation -- one where the main character must be at slot 1, and another variation where the main character slot is reserved at the rear?

Sorry if all this has been already discussed.  I love the idea of bantering npcs in IWD, it's the lack of characters that has left IWD off my list of Bioware games up until now.  ;)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: IWD TUTU
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 04:00:59 PM »
There is a mod which allows IWD to be played in BG2 engine. There will be an IWD NPC version for that - it's been ready for months, in fact. As for IWD in IWD2 engine, from what I know, it isn't fully workable yet, but it isn't impossible. (Both are Gibberlings3 projects, the ones I'm talking about).

In IWD NPC your character has to be in slot 1, I'm afraid. But you can make different party formations(including the one where char 1 stands in the center). I *think* it's possible to make someone else a leader and still have Player1 as Player1, but I never tried that, so I can't be sure.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: