Author Topic: turn kelsey down nicely  (Read 7417 times)

Offline Mekike

• Planewalker
turn kelsey down nicely
« on: May 03, 2009, 12:24:44 PM »
I haven't seen this suggested elsewhere but wouldn't it be nice to tell Kelsey that you like him as a friend and nothing more. It freaks me out that CHARNAME tells him she is glad they are suck great friends and he kisses her. And there is no dialog option to disillusion him.

Also, there are some girls that would like to slap him if he does this out of the blue, and I am one of them.

Just a suggestion...

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: turn kelsey down nicely
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 12:57:43 PM »
I think there's such an option in your player-initiated menu. Check it out - click on Kelsey and try to talk to him.

Offline Mekike

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 01:06:01 PM »
nope, you can tell him not to flirt, which is not quite the same as 'I just wanna be friends'

I am concerned because I want CHARNAME to romance Kivan so I'm paranoid about variables.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 01:33:30 PM »
Damn. (I thought there was such an option, because I remember adding it to Xan and seeing it in other BG1 NPC romances). Then, I'm afraid, you'll have to go the hard way: in your next lovetalk, call him a whining idiot or something; there's almost always such an option there. I recall it works with Anomen, though I'm too much of a coward to do it with Anomen or Kelsey or anybody else myself.

Offline Mekike

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 01:51:50 PM »
Ok, I just hate being mean to the guys I like

Offline Xiao_Caity

• Planewalker
  • Whaaaaaat?
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 05:51:43 PM »
I think the Crossmod Banter Pack has Crossmod romance conflicts, and I'm fairly certain that one of these is for Kelsey and Kivan.

Do NOT hold me to this, though. I'm only just waking up...
Chivalry isn't dead - it's just very, very confused. ~ Me, when drunk.

GEEEBAAAAA! ~ Scary LARPers.

Drop the booze and take ten long steps back, elf-boy! ~ Drunken LARPing dwarf.

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 10:45:08 AM »
It doesn't matter. Kivan's code checks for Kelsey, even without the CBP. As soon as Kelsey joins, your influence with Kivan drops by three points. You get them back when you dump Kelsey, but don't go to Spellhold at that point, or Avril will say that Deheriana is in Arvandor waiting for Kivan. If you become committed to Kelsey a any point, your influence with Kivan drops by 10, but you only get 5 back when you dump Kelsey. So yeah, if you're planning on romancing Kivan, you'd be better off breaking it off with Kelsey as early as possible.

But yeah, it's a real shame that the older NPC romances don't give you a chance to let the guy down gently.

Offline Ankhesenpaaten

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 11:01:54 AM »
That has always bugged me too.  I guess you could use Shadowkeeper but not everyone knows how.  Now I wonder if I could have shut Immy's with him off that way. 

Just to vent a little about that I was sorry that the player cannot stop Kelsey romancing Imoen.   It is too sugary sweet for my palate to take right now. I mean I don't CARE about it currently as I'm romancing Saravok but when you tell him to stop instead of the modder letting you do it in a mature(?) way with Kelsey -

spoiler-

he has Kelsey get all prissy and pissy and say he'll stop for now but when "this is all over I'm going to tell her how you tried to come between us."  That threatening of a lifelong relationship coming from a college kid type who just came along recently just made me, with Immy's help, ironically, kill him.  Annoying.  But kind of funny.  I just replaced him with Eddie. 

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 03:43:59 PM »
I am delighted that people are still finding reasons to murder Kelsey after seven years.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Ankhesenpaaten

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 05:03:00 PM »
Heh, I hope you took it the right way!  I ADORE Kelsey!  After all these years he can bring out feelings in so many of us!

I hadn't played with him for a few years and now I am again and enjoying him.  So thanks for such a great and enduring guy!   :)

P.S.  I realize now my post sounded like I was insulting you but I didn't mean to.  I should preview more of my posts.   :-X
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 05:04:50 PM by Ankhesenpaaten »

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 06:53:29 PM »
No offense taken by anything. Kelsey can be annoying.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline nurgles_herald

• Planewalker
  • Valar dohaeris
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 11:21:56 PM »
Kelsey's starting banters always pissed me off, but Sorcerers are so imba that I always nod my way through them.  Because I know who's going to be chucking fireballs at everything that moves every single round for the next 60-100 hours.  God damn BG2 being so freaking long.  And my obsession with side quests and mods.

Er, I mean... Kelsey is an awesome character and I love him super long time.
"It makes far better sense to reshape ourselves to fit a finite planet than to attempt to reshape the planet to fit our infinite wants."

"Communism failed as an ascetic morality. Capitalism failed because it destroys morality altogether."
--David Orr

http://www.context.org/ICLIB/IC27/Orr.htm

Offline Ankhesenpaaten

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 09:42:33 AM »
Sorry for my ignorance, but what does "imba" mean?

Anyway, if I get too troubled with Kelsey at some point then I just let him -  SPOILER

be taken by Ceira the 2nd time her thugs arrive and she asks for him.  She never does come back for you (bummer, that would have been fun) and Eddie's farewell line for him is, imo, funny.  "Good riddance to miscasting rubbish, I say."  That always makes me laugh!   

Tho most of the time I usually keep him around.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: