Author Topic: Regeneration as a permanent effect  (Read 3231 times)

Ascalyon

Regeneration as a permanent effect
« on: March 19, 2009, 09:42:06 AM »
Hi !

Does anyone know how I can add regeneration as a permanent effect on a PC or NPC, using NearInfinity ? I tried a couple of things and it still doesn't work. I don't want to use a magical item, nor do I want to change the constitution value of the character. I really want to add regeneration as a permanent effect, the same way you can add Immunity to certain effects or AC bonus or movement rate bonus, with NearInfinity.

Thanks a lot !

Ascalyon

Re: Regeneration as a permanent effect
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 09:44:26 AM »
Sorry. I'm playing BG1 using EasyTutu.

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 03:19:43 PM »
I would take a magical item that applies the regeneration add it to the character that you want the effect to be on eventually. Save the game. Open the saved game in NearInfinity, look for the character and look for the effect that was added by the magical item. Once you've determined what settings you will need, open up the file belonging to the character in question and add the regeneration effect there. Start a new game and see what happens. Make sure you set the timing to permanent rather than while equipped...
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
-------------------------------------------
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

Ascalyon

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 04:07:26 PM »
Thanks, but I've already tried that. Doesn't work. From what I've read on forums, the regeneration effect has to have a duration, which is kind of the contrary of permanent. I wanted to know if anyone knew how to bend this rule. I mean, high Constitution grants permanent regeneration, so it should be possible, no ?

And if not, does anyone know how I can change the regeneration rate associated with a specific constitution score ?

Thanks again

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 04:26:05 PM »
In BG, regeneration only works as a limited effect. In BG2, it also works as 'while equipped' on items.

The natural regeneration is controlled by hpconbon.2da.

Ascalyon

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 08:39:15 PM »
Thank you, Echon. I changed the natural regeneration attributed to a constitution score of 25 so that it matches the rate of the ring of Gaxx. By setting the character's constitution to 25 and using two rings of Gaxx, it has the effect I wanted (3hp/s). I checked and there aren't that much creatures with a score of 25, so there's not really a problem there.

Thanks again for you help.

Cas

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 02:45:21 AM »
Sorry to jump in here.
Thought I got the strong feeling I might miss something here, I still wonder why you wouldn´t just set a permament regeneration effect set to 3hp/s? (Which works at least for BG2)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: