Author Topic: Annoyance located..  (Read 9436 times)

Offline Froberg

• The Pocketplane Heathen
  • Planewalker
Annoyance located..
« on: March 11, 2009, 11:31:25 AM »
Right, in spirit of having beta tested the thingy, I have a slight suggestion;

Would you consider adding a document or some such item in the temple of lathander area. (For the relevant mission)

I am thinkin', that if you've done Mae'var first, you might end up with a hostile temple of lathander, entirely ruining your chances at finishing assasinations, so if you battle your way through the remaining bastard goody-two-shoes there should be some way of progressing in the task, with the added bonus of having slain the entire local chapter of Lathandites. :P

Just a suggestion ;D

*Goes to restart game because of this*

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Annoyance located..
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 11:57:39 AM »
Good, I like it when my players are disappointed! :) Kidding.

Okay, seriously, the thing is, various characters are involved in the mod - and, more importantly, other mods can influence Assassinations, too. The Order of the Radiant Heart may not be available... the temple of Lathander... the prison in Government District... back rooms in the Copper Coronet... The list is long. And adding "but if you kill Lethinian right away, not only will you be unable to do the Copper Coronet quest, but you will be cut off from quest 6a from Assassinations and quest blah-blah-blah from mod ABCD and also..." - which makes little sense. (Besides, I've done Mae'var hundreds of times, and the temple of Lathander became hostile only once or twice).

So, I am sorry for your loss, and I think this topic forewarns the unwary players nicely. :)

Offline Froberg

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 12:20:47 PM »
Yeah, might have been because I did a simple smash n' grab, on account of not having a thief. :P

Offline GeN1e

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 12:26:43 PM »
Lathandites only turn hostile if they see you stealing from them. Wait up till nobody walks around then take whatever you need.

However, the point still stands solid imo, as the hostile temple is a valid game possibility, unlike being a psychokiller, who goes after paladins and Lethinan asap. Btw, one can get into CC through the slavers' ship and then sewers.

Offline Froberg

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 12:33:45 PM »
Lathandites only turn hostile if they see you stealing from them. Wait up till nobody walks around then take whatever you need.

Was playin' with my imported Kensai/mage über character, timestopped, snatched it, left.

No-one outside turned hostile, so I assumed I was golden. Then upon my return first the helmites attacked me, then the lathandites for some reason.

I had just picked up Valen though.. :S Not sure if that's got anything to do with it.

Still, I maintain that a simple "pick up this piece of paper, journal or whatever and you get the next entry for the quest."

Mainly if someone tries to do this late-game n' all. But yeah, thanks.

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 01:55:02 PM »
I had just picked up Valen though.. :S Not sure if that's got anything to do with it.
Yep.

You know, anti-undead deity followers usually don't get along with undead entering their temples.  :P

Offline Froberg

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 02:28:37 PM »
Yep.

You know, anti-undead deity followers usually don't get along with undead entering their temples.  :P

I was soloing the temple, everyone else was outside ;)

Another thing I noticed..

First dialogue with Lynn; "I wondered if you would received my note.. "

would should be had in this case.. I realize it's with audio and everything, but it does seem like something that ought to be fixed.. if there's time of course.

Anyway, just a heads up.

Offline GeN1e

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 05:08:14 PM »
I wonder whether or not you will receive the note.
So, either 'would' or 'would have'. Not a native speaker though, so beat me if I'm wrong.

Offline Froberg

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 05:26:16 AM »
So, either 'would' or 'would have'. Not a native speaker though, so beat me if I'm wrong.

No.

I wondered if you had received the note / I wondered whether or not you had received the note.

To use would or would have you could form sentences like these:

I would like to receive a note.
I would have liked a piece of cake for my birthday.

I'm not a native speaker either, I just know there's no way in the nine hells that would received is proper. :p

edit;

Just to clarify, Valen *was* the root of my problems. Removing her from now on when doin' assasinations quests.. she can just hang around n' all. But what other evil thief is there? :P
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 11:13:19 AM by Froberg »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: