Author Topic: Kulyok's mods  (Read 9210 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Kulyok's mods
« on: March 11, 2009, 10:07:35 AM »
Here is a list of mods I contributed to(because time passes, and I start forgetting things!). Naturally, I am happy to recommend all of them.

BG1 NPC Project - Xan romance, Branwen romance, and wonderful Domi, who did an impossible amount of coding and added some rememberable lovetalks.

Xan BG2 NPC - I had some great editors, and, of course, SisterVigilante's unique voice.

The Sellswords - R.A. Salvatore's trilogy remains my favourite, and I love this mod. Kimmuriel Oblodra, Artemis Entreri, Jarlaxle - I wanted to meet them in the game for a long, long time. Now you can, too.

Back to Brynnlaw - More Cowled Wizards, a chance to bond with Imoen, and, of course, Brynnlaw and its many subquests.

Assassinations - Assassinations mod is an old idea of mine. I wanted a string of criminal adventures, and, thanks to a great team of editors and voice actors, it is now available for Baldur's Gate 2.

Dungeon Crawl - "Dungeon Crawl Inc." is one of my favourite webcomics, and when Nathan Sheaffer agreed to cooperate with me, when I saw The WoRm's graphics for the first time - I knew it was meant to be just the way it was. Add fantastic voice actors(I keep telling Jason Compton that Castor's role is a jewel in his crown!), and you get one good adventure.

Romantic Encounters - "What if my female character wanted to spend a night with Saemon Havarian?" I thought. And it turned out that I was not alone! Over fifty romantic encounters for BG2 by various authors, and some of these adventures are very steamy.

Icewind Dale NPCs - Icewind Dale is a great game. And when five NPCs, voiced by five brilliant actors, join under the roof of the Easthaven tavern, an adventure is bound to begin. MrsCake did her best with the portraits - and I tried my best with the story.

Challenges and small mods:

Branwen BG2 NPC - fully romanceable, with a friendship path, ToB content, banters, flirts, player-initiated dialogue, and other fun moments. She's also a tutorial for modders who want to build their own NPCs.

Coran BG2 NPC - friendship path, ToB content, banters with all Bioware NPCs, player-initiated dialogue and lots of crossmod. If you want Coran in BG2, try him out.

Tiax BG2 NPC - Tiax NPC was created in 24 hours, but I am fond of him just the same. Meet him in Spellhold and get all expected NPC content, including banters, epilogue, player-intiated dialogue and crossmod.

Xan's BG1 Friendship - a small add-on to Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate Tutu or Baldur's Gate Trilogy. What can be worse than a gloomy enchanter? A chatty gloomy enchanter, naturally.

Xan's BG1 Soundset for BG2 - the original Xan actor, Jeff Bennett, is at his best. Now Xan speaks with his voice in BG2, as well.

Xan's BG2 Soundset for BG1 - SisterVigilante's voice. Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate Tutu or Baldur's Gate Trilogy.

Iron Modder 10 - A really small quest; I created it for the Iron Modder challenge. It's fun, but don't install it on regular playthroughs.

Minor contributions:

Unfinished Business - I added a number of bugfixes and new component for Haer'Dalis, The Murder of Acton Balthis, outlined by David Gaider many years before.

Crossmod Banter Pack - Thanks to this mod, custom NPCs now talk to each other. I wrote some of the banters for "my" NPCs.

Tower of Deception - Tower of Deception is a great mod by Valiant. It's one of the best quest mods for BG2 out there. I wrote a small encounter for it ages ago.

Coding:

de'Arnise Romance - Nalia de'Arnise Romance by Jason Compton is definitely worth playing! It's three clicks away, too.

Angelo NPC - If you like Shakespeare, Japan and good stories, SisterVigilante's Angelo NPC is the mod for you. Add Xan's voice, a romance, ToB content and several quests - and you are lost.

Enjoy!