Author Topic: PITCHWIFE vs FULCRUM  (Read 6375 times)

Offline Jude-The-Obscure

• Planewalker
PITCHWIFE vs FULCRUM
« on: March 09, 2009, 02:49:11 PM »
After playing the great Weimer Item Upgrade mod for over a year I finally decided to once and for all figure out which of these two uber-clubs is the better weapon. It took quite a lot of brain stretching, and a wee bit of research so I decided to save other people the time and the neuronal strain.

PITCHWIFE

With * Proficiency
To hit = + 6
Attacks = 1/0
Damage   Normal:   6 - 11
   Acid:      5
   Silvers: 12

With ** Proficiency
To hit = + 7 (3/2)
Damage   Normal:  8 - 13
   Acid:     5
   Silvers: 12

nb. Magic resistant skeletons still take the full 5 acid and slivers damage (with resistance of 1) giving 2 damage per round (total of 8 ) TOTAL 19 - 24
    Shadow Fiends take no acid damage, but take the full 3 from slivers TOTAL 18 - 23

______________________________________________________________________________________
FULCRUM

If the character has * in clubs, Grand Mastery gives +2 to hit, +3 to damage, and an

extra 2/2 attacks per round
If the character has ** in clubs, Grand mastery gives +1 to hit and +1 to damage over

and above the usual hit

Stats (for ALL levels base proficiency)

To hit:  +6
Attacks = 3/2
Damage   Normal:  8 - 13 (+4 each for evil/good, lawful/chaotic)
   Shards:  8
CONCLUSION

If your character has only * in clubs, then FULCRUM is by far the better weapon.
If your character has ** or more, then for enemies two steps away from true nuetral

FULCRUM is marginally better, for all others PITCHWIFE is better - and you can get it
earlier!

Last but defintely not least .... THANKYOU  to Westley Weimer for such an excellent mod

Silencer150

Re: PITCHWIFE vs FULCRUM
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 02:00:55 PM »
I thought I'd mention this here.  I don't know if there's a conflict with all the mods I have installed, but the Fulcrum's grandmastery does not seem to work.  I tried equipping it on my Shapeshifter Druid, and while the proficiency points showed up in the records screen, I still had only one attack and NO change in THAC0.  My druid has one base proficiency point in clubs.

The only mod I can think of that could be causing a conflict is the BG2 Tweakpack, specifically the True Grandmastery feature, which improves the grandmastery bonuses.  However I can't imagine why this would cause the Fulcrum to malfunction.  I also have the Universal Clubs feature installed, but again, I don't know why this would mess with the Fulcrum.  My other characters do get their natural grandmastery bonuses, for example, Sarevok gets 4 attacks per round with his two-handed swords.

As of right now, the Fulcrum has proven a worthless investment, and I'm not using Pitchwife because I prefer the Water's Talon.  Any solutions would be appreciated.  For now, I'm going to try reinstalling both this mod and the Tweakpack.

Silencer150

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 02:11:45 PM »
I ran some quick tests and discovered the problem, or rather, the issue.  The Fulcrum's grandmastery only works for warrior classes, not priests, mages, or rogues.  I tried giving the Fulcrum to each member of my party in turn.  Sarevok and Minsc got the full bonuses, while Haer'Dalis, Aerie, and Jan did not.  Oh well.  I guess there's no way to break the class restrictions on proficiencies.  :(

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 03:11:51 AM »
That sucks.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: