Author Topic: Quick question  (Read 4377 times)

Quick question
« on: February 15, 2009, 05:06:30 PM »
What;s the difference between romantic encounters and this flirt pack? Can i install both, in any order? Do they both stay true to the characters? Which one of the two is 'better'...uh, for this one, I guess someone unbiased should answer, not the mod maker or anything; no offense! :p

I mean, i;m not sure i like the sound of some of this dirty stuff, i'd rather things kept fairly implicit like in the original i guess...I don't know, I haven't tried either mod, so i'm kind of at a loss as to exactly what to ask even, so anyone give me a quick recommendation here? Thank you!

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: Quick question
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 09:32:51 PM »
What;s the difference between romantic encounters and this flirt pack? Can i install both, in any order?

The NPC Flirt Packs create content for the four joinable character canonical romances in the game: Aerie, Anomen, Jaheira, Viconia.

Romantic Encounters creates content for non-party characters--some who are already part of the stock game (such as Hendak), others who are introduced by the RE mod itself.

You can install them in either order.

The Flirt Pack is for those who are interested in a further exploration (however superficial it tends to be most of the time) with one of the canonical romance characters.

RE is more about playing the field, so to speak.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 12:20:49 AM »
Yes, you can install these mods together.

For safety reasons, install Flirt Pack as late as possible(after other NPC and quest mods).

As for dirty stuff, all "dirty" adventures in Romantic Encounters are marked "adult" during the installation, so you can just skip them.

With Flirt Pack, it's harder; but all "really dirty" things happen if you, the player, initiate them, so don't choose "bathe with Viconia" - and you're all right. :) (Then again, your loss).

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 12:03:50 PM »
BTW, now that the respective modders have answered questions against the writer's express wishes, the rest of you are welcome to pass judgment about the relative strength of characterization...
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: