Author Topic: Time of Troubles Expansion Pack  (Read 4952 times)

Offline MrFrost

• Throw Back Dungeon Master
  • Planewalker
  • All Your Base Belong To Us
Time of Troubles Expansion Pack
« on: February 09, 2009, 11:47:17 AM »
I had always liked the idea of a "Time of Troubles" expansion for Baldurs Gate. Just imagine the adventures or trouble one could get into playing with a setting as such? Perhaps the game setting could be aiding a deitie in retaining their power/godhood, maybe for evil characters a flipside where you betray the deitie and take their power for your own? Just a few ideas i am throwing out here but the possibilities are endless.

It wouldn't have to be a full on campaign but perhaps a medium to short sized collection of quests that take place before Baldurs Gate Series. Maybe you can even travel with Gorion in his hay day? Who knows i am not sure just how far the series take place after the "Time of Troubles". anyhow it is just an idea i am throwing out there, i'd like to hear what anyone thinks on the idea.
"I can kill with a single word. I can hurl a ball of fire into the midst of my enemies. I rule a squadron of skeletal warriors, who can destroy by touch alone. I can raise a wall of ice to protect those I serve. The invisible is discernible to my eyes. Ordinary magic spells crumble in my presence."

Offline ddv

• Planewalker
Re: Time of Troubles Expansion Pack
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 01:57:56 PM »
You are talking about a total conversion and probably years of work.

Offline MrFrost

• Throw Back Dungeon Master
  • Planewalker
  • All Your Base Belong To Us
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 02:32:03 PM »
what would you have to convert? think of it as a mod pack. you can basicly use the same map even add a few new points and run with that. well it was just an idea anyhow.
"I can kill with a single word. I can hurl a ball of fire into the midst of my enemies. I rule a squadron of skeletal warriors, who can destroy by touch alone. I can raise a wall of ice to protect those I serve. The invisible is discernible to my eyes. Ordinary magic spells crumble in my presence."

Offline Froberg

• The Pocketplane Heathen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 02:57:29 PM »
Sounds like an entirely new game to me.. :S

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: