Author Topic: Version 18 of Unfinished Business  (Read 31056 times)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Version 18 of Unfinished Business
« on: February 01, 2009, 02:55:29 PM »
Thanks to DavidW and Nythrun, the long-awaited version 18 of Unfinished Business is now available. Hopefully this edition will address some long-standing issues with the mod. It also adds an Italian translation.

Download: http://www.pocketplane.net/ub
Readme: http://mods.pocketplane.net/readmes/readme_ub.html
Forum: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?board=19.0
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Version 18 of Unfinished Business
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 03:03:49 PM »
Wonderful!

Thank you so much, all of you. I'll do another BG2 run one of these days. (My PC's name will be Nyth David Compton, and he'll romance Aerie. Yes, sounds about right).

Offline Cal Jones

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 03:57:41 PM »
Nice one. I'm glad to see Minsc's quest fixed (I played the dodgy version in my last runthrough and had to use the hotfix). Huzzah.

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 06:21:22 PM »
Wonderful!

Thank you so much, all of you. I'll do another BG2 run one of these days. (My PC's name will be Nyth David Compton, and he'll romance Aerie. Yes, sounds about right).

Why Aerie?...

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 07:08:40 PM »
Yay. Thanks.  ;D

Offline Qwinn

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 09:32:08 PM »
*cheer!*  Long awaited, thanks all :)

Qwinn

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 11:39:08 PM »
Congratulations!!

Such a great morning for me today!!

Thanks, DavidW and jcompton!!  :pirate

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 12:53:10 AM »
Why Aerie?...

So that someone'd ask, and we'd continue to page 2! :)

P.S. Just noticed: hey, we've got a new Goo translation!

Offline Shaitan

• Stolt far
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 02:42:41 AM »
Big thanks for updating this wonderfull mod :)  ;D

Offline coaster

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 05:35:05 AM »
Great work, thanks!  ;D

Offline Sloth

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 06:52:08 AM »
Thanx for your work!

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 01:16:24 PM »
Thanks a lot, DavidW.

I have one question though guys, I'm wondering if the minor dialogue restorations component is now fixed, here was an issue that existed in v15:

Unfinished Business v15: The 'Minor Dialogue Restorations' component will corrupt an area script at the de'Arnise Keep, causing issues ingame or causing other mods that alter this script to report errors or fail to install. A fix has been provided to the Unfinished Business team and will be included in the next UB release.

I don't read anywhere in the readme for v16 - 18 mentioning that this was fixed, so can someone confirm that it is now safe to install? (The issue was at least with installing alongside fixpack, but apparently with other mods too...somewhere it said it caused probs with all mods, don't know).

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 06:10:15 PM »
Thanks a lot, DavidW.

I have one question though guys, I'm wondering if the minor dialogue restorations component is now fixed, here was an issue that existed in v15:

Unfinished Business v15: The 'Minor Dialogue Restorations' component will corrupt an area script at the de'Arnise Keep, causing issues ingame or causing other mods that alter this script to report errors or fail to install. A fix has been provided to the Unfinished Business team and will be included in the next UB release.

I don't read anywhere in the readme for v16 - 18 mentioning that this was fixed, so can someone confirm that it is now safe to install? (The issue was at least with installing alongside fixpack, but apparently with other mods too...somewhere it said it caused probs with all mods, don't know).

I couldn't locate this problem; it may be my own stupidity. I think that Fixpack takes precautions on its side to avoid the problem now in any case.

Dirty Uncle Bertie

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 07:44:37 PM »
In the previous version (I imagine it's the same with v18) the Minsc quest adds a message to the loading screen about visiting that dude's pet shop.  The message continues to appear even when the Minsc quest is complete, but there's no way to visit the shop again.  It's only a minor annoyance, but is there any way to stop this message appearing once the quest is complete, or even appearing at all?

Quickstrike

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 12:47:17 PM »
Was wondering. Tho the fixing of the annoying invincible trolls is great, I also read something about a yellow dragon and his or her eggs. Was wondering if this yellow dragon is ever going to make it in the unfinished business as I really like dragons, but then again who doesn't :p. That said I am also planning on a new rerun through the game.

Secondly I also read Haer'Dalis originally had more planned. Are there plans to restore this?

That being said I really appreciate the job you guys/girls did so far. I used the previous unfinished busines and really enjoyed the extra storyline.

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 04:29:13 PM »
I think at this stage, there's basically no chance that UB will get additional content. (That's not to say that these ideas won't see the light of day, just that it's not going to be in this mod.)

When its creators return and add another six components, I'll be delighted to have been proven wrong, of course!

There are yellow dragons in Tactics, and in Sword Coast Stratagems II.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 04:31:07 PM by DavidW »

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 08:05:53 PM »
The yellow dragon and its eggs are there, but I don't believe there's anything at all to do with what may have been intended for them in the game (it's just a creature and an item with nothing else).

Haerry would never get done (even if UB's creators returned and added another six components). The "more planned" you're talking about is far too convoluted.

Quickstrike

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 01:40:56 AM »
The yellow dragon and its eggs are there, but I don't believe there's anything at all to do with what may have been intended for them in the game (it's just a creature and an item with nothing else).

Haerry would never get done (even if UB's creators returned and added another six components). The "more planned" you're talking about is far too convoluted.

Then why was the yellow dragon and his/her eggs mentioned as being unfinished business? Also what other things where mentioned as being unfinished but are not part of the UB just yet.

NEUTROWAVE

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 02:46:04 PM »
Install Component 19 [Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider]? Install
This is the debug piece of 19.02. Unfinished Business (UB for BG2) v18:
"ERROR: BIFF [./MOVIES/25MOVIES.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "./MOVIES/25MOVIES.BIF")
SKIPPING: [Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider]
The Throne of Bhaal Expansion is required for this component."

Install Component 21 [Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations]? Install
"ERROR: BIFF [./MOVIES/25MOVIES.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "./MOVIES/25MOVIES.BIF")
SKIPPING: [Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations]

Install Component 24 [Sarevokā€˜s Remorse? Install
SKIPPING: [Sarevok's Remorse]

"BGII - SoA\CD5\movies\25Movies.bif" my 25Movies.bif game path (this is before installing, the errors i've got are from a previous installation of BWP 5.7)
Is there an incorrect indirection?...or an reading error?

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 03:04:47 PM »
It's looking for 25MOVIES.bif because it's an easy way to check if you've got Throne of Bhaal installed. If you have, then your install has probably got corrupted.

NEUTROWAVE

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2009, 03:41:23 PM »
THX , i guess i have to try another install and see if it's ok, i'll be back with news

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2009, 04:46:45 PM »
I just rememberd something from reading that post; should we skip the restored bhaalspawn powers from UB if using Ascension, as i  think that adds the same; or are there differences? Or does UB auto skip if you have Ascension installed?

NEUTROWAVE

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2009, 12:39:55 AM »
I just rememberd something from reading that post; should we skip the restored bhaalspawn powers from UB if using Ascension, as i  think that adds the same; or are there differences? Or does UB auto skip if you have Ascension installed?
I think not:
%IFES%UB%S%UB%L%0%SK% 0 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15 16 17 19 21 24 --logapp | %M%
%IFGS%UB%S%UB%L%3%SK% 0 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15 16 17 19 21 24 --logapp | %M%

%IFXES%Ascension%S%Ascension%L%0%SK% 0 1 2 3 5 --logapp | %M%
%IFXGS%Ascension%S%Ascension%L%1%SK% 0 1 2 3 5 --logapp | %M%

there is no condition between the two.
"Install Component 0 [Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)]? nstall
There might be a conflict between UB's Sarevok's Remorse and Ascension's Sarevok dialogues."
from the manual BWP 5.7 , i think u got to try installing to see if any incompatibility

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2009, 04:47:50 AM »
In the previous version (I imagine it's the same with v18) the Minsc quest adds a message to the loading screen about visiting that dude's pet shop.  The message continues to appear even when the Minsc quest is complete, but there's no way to visit the shop again.  It's only a minor annoyance, but is there any way to stop this message appearing once the quest is complete, or even appearing at all?
I missed this, sorry; but no, there's no way to change the loading messages mid-game.

Dirty Uncle Bertie

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2009, 08:38:16 AM »
I missed this, sorry; but no, there's no way to change the loading messages mid-game.
Okay, so how can I stop it appearing in the first place?  I'd rather it didn't appear at all than all the time.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: