Author Topic: Xan/Korgan banter- very minor spoiler  (Read 2381 times)

Offline pwnieride

• Planewalker
Xan/Korgan banter- very minor spoiler
« on: January 09, 2009, 02:11:37 PM »
Oh my god... I know I JUST posted raving about Xan, but I just had my absolute favorite Baldur's Gate II moment EVER.

I didn't intend to do the Xan romance this game... but he was just too perfect for this character, I found out as the game went on. She's a little bit bitchy and a lot of bit vindictive, and very sexual (I planned to test out Romantic Encounters with this character).

Anyway, I just got back to Brynnlaw after Spellhold and I'm prepping to sail off to the Underdark, and I was slightly wishing that my PC could snap back at Xan for threatening Yoshimo when he finally attacks in Spellhold, and other such catty things (I wasn't REALLY upset; I was imagining her snapping back in my head, and that satisfied me. I'm such a dork).

And then I got the best banter of all time. Korgan compliments Xan's taste in women, and then goes on to talk about how he might start hitting on the PC now. Xan gets really angry and threatens him, and then realizes that Korgan bought an expensive new scabbard that 'must have cost more than his fair share of loot', and accuses him of being paid to do this by the PC. At which point Korgan asks PC if he still gets his money.

This was absolute BRILLIANCE. I swear, I did not stop laughing for over a minute straight. I highly reccomend everyone look the conversation up on Shadowkeeper, if you never had a chance to experience it yourself. It looks like you know my character better than I do, Kulyok! ;)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Xan/Korgan banter- very minor spoiler
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 02:24:19 PM »
:) I cannot take credit for this one, I'm afraid: this pure brilliance is SisterVigilante's, and his alone -- he wrote his banter. I'm glad you loved it: Imoen's, Jaheira's and Anomen's banters are(I think) interesting, too(and also by SisterV).

Offline pwnieride

• Planewalker
Re: Xan/Korgan banter- very minor spoiler
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 01:11:41 AM »
Just got Anomen's- love it, too! I don't have Jaheira in my party anymore, but I can't wait for Imoen's! :)

If not, I'll totally be okay... but my PC is *seething* and I really hope I have a chance to show that in the dialogue choices without losing Xan! Maybe I'll go play through all of Romantic Encounters now ANYWAY, in revenge! haha.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: