Author Topic: Weird bug at FAI  (Read 6135 times)

Offline Silverstar

• Planewalker
Weird bug at FAI
« on: December 14, 2008, 11:26:55 AM »
First of all I want to congratulate Echon for such a wonderful mod. I have heard that modding for BG1 is especially tough and limited and still, the improvements this mod makes is outstanding!

I have started a FoTD game before, but it had another mods and I could not finish the run due to real life issues. I played a DSotSC game, found it amusing at first but then quickly grew bored thanks to dozens of uber powerful items thrown here and there.. I finished it but did not quite like it. So I uninstalled it, and returned to FoTD, and started a new game.

Now I have Ease of Use, Grey Clan, FoTD, UB, Stone of Ashkavar, Ajantis friendship mod (which makes the impossible:a BG2 like romance in BG1!) and wide screen mod. Do you know of any mod problems I should be vary of?

I have played a few hours, and the game was smooth and fun! Noticed new spells added by both FoTD and SoA mod, and also was able to find items introduced by SoA (thankfully they are not as ridiculously powerful as DSotSC's) and so I guess these mods are compatible so far.

A strange thing has happened in Friendly Arm Inn though, when I completed Joia's quest. First, when I took the quest and exited her home, a hobgoblin has spawned just near the home, in the walls of FAI! This has never happened before, poor commoners screamed and ran... we dispatched the monster ofcourse. Found the ring and returned to lady, she thanked and left as usual.

I left the house again and the very same hobgoblin has spawned yet again, exactly at the same point, near the door of Joia's humble house! This was strange, but what is even stranger, the road-area I have just explored outside of the FAI has been clouded with fog of war again! I travelled again and found the very same hobgoblins I have killed just moments before, killed them all for a second time and even got a second 'Joia's flame dance ring'...which was weird. I dared not to try entering and leaving the house again to test if it would reset the hobgoblins and fog of war each time?

I have not experienced this bug in my previous and first FoTD game. So I guess it is a mod conflict, though I am at a loss. What do you think?

Great mod so far, I can not believe how smart and challenging some BG1 enemies can be with your mod...they are just as deadly and smart as TuTu's Sword Coast Strategems counterparts..but FoTD feels MUCH more authentic and nostalgic and gives me a warm fuzzy feeling...as any good mod should!

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Re: Weird bug at FAI
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 12:02:06 PM »
That bug is new to me. First I thought the hobgoblin might have randomly wandered into the FAI but I am going to assume some strange business with one of the other mods is causing the respawn.

I am glad you like FotD. I have often wondered whether people notice the improved AI.

Offline Silverstar

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 10:28:23 PM »
Oh well it is nothing major as far as mega-mod installation problems go. So I guess overall your mod is compatible with those other mods I have.

And as for the AI, are you kidding?  :D It is impossible not to notice the big differences in AI, especially in boss battles and spell casters! Enemy spell casters using new spells is a very nice touch and shows that you have put so much effort to ensure the consistency and quality of such a fine mod! Love the changes in other creatures too, a proper ghast stench, deadly poisons, and not cheesy basilisk gaze attacks!

Just so you know, I CLUA consoled Sarevok to have a look at him and my my my he chunkified all of my lvl 4 party in a blink, gulping tons of potions and fighting real efficiently! I dread the day I will have to fight him! (ofcourse we will be a lot stronger, but then also he will have his own party and he is s-c-a-r-y!)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 01:54:20 AM »
Sarevok is tough, as he should be, but I have removed his innate magic/elemental resistances. You can actually use spells on him now.

Shadowblade2

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 12:45:36 PM »
I've seen this many times and they even have another Joia's Flamedance ring which I can now sell. I'm not entirely sure it's to do with FotD and not just a bug in BG or one of the other mods.

~

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: