Author Topic: Non-fighter bug  (Read 6148 times)

Offline HamsterBoo

• Planewalker
Non-fighter bug
« on: December 02, 2008, 11:49:40 PM »
I am a sorcerer. I got the keep. I played for a long time. I don't have cheats installed. I have talked to the beggar. Nalia keeps on talking about the boy who first brought me to the Copper Coronet. I am not getting any meetings from the keep (rested a LOT, no meetings (after the bandits and stealing)). I am reasonably sure these bugs are because I have completed the planar sphere quest and gotten it as a stronghold (Nalia may have started repeating herself before this, but I don't know). Luckily i save before each quest, so I'm loading from right before I enter the planar sphere.

Just traveled to the keep (after loading) and what do you know! Got the burwood quest that I was so confused about.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 12:01:07 AM by HamsterBoo »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Non-fighter bug
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 12:45:11 AM »
Hey, welcome to PPG.

So, what I got from your message: you were confused that romance didn't continue(and as for flirts, the same flirt kept repeating - this one happens from time to time; nothing to worry about), and then you correctly followed to the Keep and got the quest. Everything should be fine from now on. :)

Offline HamsterBoo

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 12:09:38 PM »
I've figured out what happened. The romance was stuck because I had not completed the Burwood quest. The keep problems were stuck (I think) either because I had not completed the Burwood quest or because I had the planar sphere. I went to the keep, but did not get the Burwood quest. The keep quests and Nalia's romance were stuck.

I then loaded from before I got the planar sphere (figuring that was the problem). I went to the keep and got the Burwood quest immediately. I finished the Burwood quest. I finished the keep quests (little confusing there, as Isea kept on talking about how his father's invasion failed when it hadn't happened yet). I have just gotten the planar sphere. Everything seems to be going fine.

Summary. For some reason, getting the planar sphere before getting the Burwood quest or finishing the keep quests caused the Burwood quest dialog to not happen automatically (didn't try talking to the dude, because I didn't know what the Burwood quest was).

Things that need fixing:
Fix the planar sphere from interfering with the Burwood dialog when the keep quests have not been finished.
Prevent the Burwood dialog from happening before the (second) keep invasion (the one by people, not trolls) so as to prevent conflicting dialog.

And yes, my game is fine, but only after finishing the keep problems and Burwood quest before getting the planar sphere (as opposed to getting the planar sphere first).

I apologize if anything in this is untrue or insulting, its just the way I saw things.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 12:28:33 PM »
Summary. For some reason, getting the planar sphere before getting the Burwood quest or finishing the keep quests caused the Burwood quest dialog to not happen automatically (didn't try talking to the dude, because I didn't know what the Burwood quest was).

It's interesting. Thank you for reporting. So, did I understand correctly that - you took planar sphere, then romance stalled, and when you went to the keep, the servant girl did NOT take you to Burwood immediately? And neither did he initiate dialogue on the second floor?

Offline HamsterBoo

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 12:11:37 AM »
I didn't know what the Burwood quest was, so I had no reason to go to the second floor. It is correct that the servant did not speak to me. I'm not sure what caused this, but I was also unable to sort out problems the keep gets (rested a lot, and domo (whatshisname) still would only have basic conversations with me.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 01:08:39 AM »
I see. Thank you again for reporting. To check this out, we'll probably need your Weidu.log - it's a file in your BG2 directory(opens via Notepad). Can you please post its contents for us?

Offline HamsterBoo

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 07:23:45 PM »
Two things to note. I do not have a save from when it wasn't working (loaded and kept going from there because it worked). I forgot about this, but earlier (before I got planar sphere) I installed the ToB patch (I have the 4 in 1 box set), uninstalled the mod (Nalia's dialogs were empty, so I reloaded from before the dialog), then reinstalled it (and it was working). Edit: I did this just before entering the tanner's house after getting the de'Arnise keep (and before getting the planar sphere).
I don't think this matters, but when I reinstalled I hit I (not R) and it said access denied (or something), but then I hit R.

heres the file

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
// Recently Uninstalled: ~DEARNISE/SETUP-DEARNISE.TP2~ #0 #0 // de'Arnise Romance for Baldur's Gate II, v2
~DEARNISE/SETUP-DEARNISE.TP2~ #0 #0 // de'Arnise Romance for Baldur's Gate II, v2
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 11:58:13 PM by HamsterBoo »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 01:09:26 AM »
Wait. Do you mean that you got another mod, Planar Sphere mod, installed, and it doesn't show in your Weidu.log? And that you installed the patch after deArnise romance(and reinstalled later, but it's not the point)?

Because if so, it's probably your installation: if patch went after a mod, between mods, or just strictly not _before all mods_, it means all the trouble you've described and more.

Offline HamsterBoo

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 11:57:56 PM »
oh crap. Did not get another mod. accidentally wrote mod (corrected shortly). Just to clarify, I accidentally wrote Planar Sphere mod, but I meant before getting the planar sphere (this is my only mod)

Heres the timeline:
Installed game (and expansion)
Installed this mod
Got keep
Installed patch
Realized I had broken mod by doing so
Uninstalled mod
Reinstalled mod
Saved
Got planar sphere
Couldn't get the keep to progress and couldn't get Burwood quest
Loaded
Got Burwood quest (and completed it)
Got Planar sphere

Everything has gone perfectly (those "and more" things aren't showing up because i uninstalled and reinstalled the mod). The Burwood quest is the only glitch I have experienced.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 12:03:27 AM by HamsterBoo »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 12:50:15 AM »
I'm still afraid it's the fifth line in your mod, the patch. But I want to make sure, so I'll follow your steps(without installing patch over Nalia). Not today, but if there is a bug, it will be fixed for v3. Thank you again!