Author Topic: Hard Times and SCS: Recommended?  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Acrux

• Planewalker
Hard Times and SCS: Recommended?
« on: December 01, 2008, 04:59:45 PM »
Would these mods be recommended together, or does the financial hardship imbued by Hard Times mean that attempting some of the SCS encounters would drive a player to madness?

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: Hard Times and SCS: Recommended?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 05:46:20 PM »
I've never tried it.  I'd avoid it unless you consider yourself a very skilled player.

To generalize wildly, Hard Times increases difficulty by giving you less to work with.  SCS increases difficulty by giving your enemies more to work with.  The combo may prove unreasonably difficult.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline Dr. Wu

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 06:22:08 PM »
I'm playing a SCS2+HT game right now and while challenging it's not outrageously difficult. Mostly, I noticed that I could no longer abuse Wands of Summoning and that being stuck with nonmagical arrows I'd miss a little more and had to save magical ones for those very special fights. Overall it doesn't feel much different than a "normal" SCS2 run.

Offline Acrux

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 03:16:59 PM »
I really like the concept behind hard times. It turns BG1 into what is quite possibly the closest thing to an E6 campaign that a CRPG will ever see. Looks like maybe I'll just be very selective about which SCS components I install.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 05:41:51 PM »
Hello -

I really like the concept behind hard times. It turns BG1 into what is quite possibly the closest thing to an E6 campaign that a CRPG will ever see. Looks like maybe I'll just be very selective about which SCS components I install.

I like the concept too. :)  At the risk of seeming ignorant, what is E6?
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: