Author Topic: Xan and Bodhi [spoilers]  (Read 7370 times)

Offline lucidmediums

• Planewalker
Xan and Bodhi [spoilers]
« on: November 23, 2008, 05:31:52 PM »
When Bodhi kills Xan, and he gives me the whole I'm dead, blah blah blah, how do you intiate the quest/what do you do, to ressurect him? I've never played his romance, nor have I played a romance where I really had to go do this (at all), so I'm unsure of how to do this quest, even under normal circumstances. My girlfriend is the one with the problem, thus I can't stand behind her and help right now. :P It's her first time really playing the game through.

What should she do to initiate the quest/what to DO for the quest? Since he's dead, and not just a vampire...

[Kulyok: changed the topic title.]
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 01:03:57 AM by Kulyok »

Offline Ankhesenpaaten

• Planewalker
Xan and Bodhi [spoilers]
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 06:28:08 PM »
If she's playing the "bonded path" she's screwed.  That is the way the story plays out.  Xan is killed by Bodhi and there is nothing you can do about it.  She'll have to wait for TOB.  The romance will continue, in a way, and have a resolution. 

[Kulyok: changed the topic title.]
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 01:04:34 AM by Kulyok »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Xan and Bodhi [spoilers]
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 01:03:22 AM »
Yes, exactly. You still get his journal, and you might just see him again in ToB. In the meantime, I usually take Irenicus or Sarevok along, but it's a matter of choice, naturally.

I'll change the topic title, as it contains spoilers.

Offline GarinaRayne

• Planewalker
Re: Xan and Bodhi [spoilers]
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 01:53:25 PM »
*sobs* Just played through this bit. Very upset now.  :'(

Great writing, now I have to go find another char to take to Suldanesselar.

*sniff*

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 02:02:21 PM »
Thank you. There're always Sarevok and Irenicus(from "The Longer Road"), I guess.

abc123

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 08:02:11 AM »
That's the only whack thing about Xan's bonded path... that you have to find a replacement mage in a short time. For my play style, I hate switching out players and stick with my main configuration throughout the game. Since the other NPCs just sit on their rear ends the whole time instead of being productive you have to make arrangements before hand. :( Which is why I bet the Bioware peeps had the Sung god resolution in the first place.

I have a question that's slightly off topic. Why didn't you add the half-elf romance since it's a viable romance race in BG1? Or is that a spoiler for Xan BG1 romance? Though I can guess what would kill that one dead. :(

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 08:13:30 AM »
I'm sorry - yes, bonded path means a tragedy. There are ToB-only NPCs, though: Iylos is fun, Irenicus(mage!) is exotic, Sarevok is... well... Sarevok.

As for a half-elf, it was never intended in the first place: I wanted to show a pair who belong to the same race, are bonded and meant to live a lifetime together(and cannot! Or, if they can, they have to go through a separation first - see non-bonded path). When I asked Domi if I could join BG1 NPC project with Xan Romance, she said yes and asked me to add a half-elven option(and, later, Domi added a few dialogues into the mod; without her, it would never be complete), so Xan romances half-elves in BG1.

In BG2, however, there is another way: friendship. You become closer and closer and closer, until one day, in ToB, you realize you are more than friends - you are each other's halves. There is romantic content, though not as much as in a "full romance".

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: