Author Topic: Kelsey-Minsc bug !  (Read 3998 times)

Offline Poetdog

• Planewalker
Kelsey-Minsc bug !
« on: November 16, 2008, 06:25:59 AM »
Hi there.

I wonder if anyone still checks this site ?

Anyway I'm having a strange problem with minsc and kelsey. I'm in the docks district day 5 ready to go to the bridge district. As i travel I am attacked by thugs, I kill the thugs but then immediately after Minsc approaches me and startes saying strange things. It's definitely Kelsey script messing it up, it starts with "don't knock it fire is a powerful tool" and then continues with totally messed up script. Now two things might happen.
I am able to answer this strange banter with different things like "It should feel like a rush of power Kelsey, loosen up", I remember having this talk before. Anyway If I choose one combination of answers Minsc loses 8 strength permanently it seems and some berries are in his quick slot instead of Boo that when clicked on read "You'll never see it coming,  you have miscalculated."
The other thing that might happen is that Minsc dissappears from my party, leaving his things and cannot be found.

I feel like I've tried everything, killing minsc, kicking him out of the party before this happens and returning, doing the same with kelsey, pressing K on kelsey's portrait, everything. It still happens.
Besides all this it seems like Kelsey's script is messed up in other parts of the game too like Hawkers names are now changed to "For now I think our relationship..."
I only have baldurdash, ascension, kelsey, keto, banter, and romance mods on.

So, up for a challenge? think you can help?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Kelsey-Minsc bug !
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 06:56:18 AM »
Kelsey is okay; your game is messed up. Please, check this pinned topic:
http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,38.0.html

Do not install two mods at the same time. Full reinstall is your solution. Check this topic for more instructions:
http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=17555

Offline Poetdog

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 07:35:49 AM »
wow what a fast reply!

Well I didn't do anything that the first link implies, I only installed mods AFTER soa, tob, tob patch, baldurdash.. And the first link also implies that you ARE able to have more than one mod installed.

About what I should do, I'm not exactly clear on what you mean?  Will I be able to save my game? Do I have to reinstall the whole game, or just the mods?

Thanks for the fast and good help.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 07:49:25 AM »
You should download ToBBackup from the second link.
Then delete all mod directories, all mod files, override directory and Weidu.log.
Then unpack ToBBackup into your BG2 directory.
If you want, install Baldurdash.
(Alternative: full reinstall, SoA-ToB-patch-baldurdash)
Finally, install all your mods, one by one - do not try to unpack or install them at the same time.

Open your old save and continue playing. It is possible that Kelsey(Keto's) select lines will look strange. To correct it, select Kelsey and press K.

Offline Poetdog

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 08:01:49 AM »
Ok will do..

The folder called Cache with data and area000, area001 etc.. not sure if thats a mod folder or not .. I'm guessing not though.

Offline Poetdog

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 08:20:37 AM »
also.. since you didn't mention to reinstall the tobpatch, i'm guessing that is already installed on the ToB backup download?

Offline Poetdog

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 08:55:57 AM »
Okay I did everything and now it seems to be fixed.

Minsc seems to have lost his strength because Boo has dissappeared, part of the Unfinished Business Questline.. Some script waas still messy so i hit K on kelsey, and it was fixed, except for one crier, his name is now "So when I promised" very strange .. anyway.. for now it's fixed.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 02:45:02 PM »
Mix-up text also appears if you use a modded savegame for a differently modded game (sorry, I didn't follow the link so that might already be said).
Good to hear it is nearly all back to normal.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 11:08:45 AM »
To answer the original question--yes, I still read the forum, but Kulyok has spoiled me into thinking all problems can be solved without my intervention.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 11:34:21 AM »
Right, I promise to stop. :) The thing is, my hands are so used to "Go to PPG" command they often dial PPG on their own - I don't know if I can do something about it. Will try, though... with two new episodes of Supernatural to watch it shouldn't be THAT hard.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: